Vilano makes more than just sturdy bicycles, as this multi-purpose entry into the inflatable stand-up paddle board market can attest. The Voyager is an all-around board, which attempts to meld utility and performance in a package that is lightweight, but still durable and capable of holding serious weight. The Voyager is certainly large enough to look the part, at 11′ x 31” x 6”.
That extra thickness gives it the ability to stay rigid, and hold riders well above the water when paddling. The weight capacity is rated up to 300 lbs. One would think that such size and load-bearing capability would result in an overly heavy board, but Vilano has managed to keep the weight of this board to an astonishingly low 24.6 pounds.
When combined with the compact carrying size (12” x 38”), you’ve got a board that can travel easy and stow away just about anywhere. Vilano made use of strong PVC and modern drop-stitch construction to ensure that the board can take a licking, and won’t unexpectedly puncture or deflate. Full inflation is 18psi, but you won’t need to pump it up to that level to hit the water. About 15psi and you’re good to go.
With the Voyager, Vilano wanted to make sure that riders would be prepared for a number of situations. In addition to packaging your essentials like a paddle, fin, pump, and carry bag, they fitted the board with a high quality deck pad (no worries about sliding off); a center carry handle for moving the board around handily while inflated; and 7 d-rings for attaching bungee cords, a leash, kayak seat, or backrest.
- Durable PVC construction – Drop-stitched so it stays together, even under trying conditions. Stays rigid when pumped to the appropriate level of pressure.
- Removable center fin – 8” long. Can be attached to provide extra tracking in certain conditions, and removed in situations where it might be a bit impractical (like shallow water).
- Diamond groove – Patterned traction pad improves grip while on the board, reducing instances of slippage.
- 7 d-ring system – Perfect for attaching whatever you need to the Voyager. You want to bring some gear? Add a bungee. Want to recline a bit? Throw a comfort seat right in the middle of the board.
- Center carry handle – Useful for getting the board to and fro when you are out of the water momentarily.
- Accessories included – The Voyager comes with a paddle, pump/pressure gauge, removable fin, and carrying sack.
- 1 year warranty – Vilano has you covered in the event of workmanship or material defects.
What We Like About The Vilano Voyager 11′ Inflatable SUP
- It balances durability with portability – The 300 lb weight capacity is great for larger riders, and the light weight (24.6 lbs) is perfect for smaller ones who’d rather not drag around an extremely heavy board. When you roll this down to it’s carry size, any rider can move it about easily.
- It’s ready for any situation – Vilano did not go light with the extras. They’ve given you everything you need to hit the water immediately, and plenty of options for adding-on to this board with accessories in the future.
- It’s fast – This board glides through flat water like a champ. It certainly lends itself to situations where you want to turn up the speed.
- Excellent value – There are certainly more expensive boards out there, but if you’re trying to maximize the amount of bang you get for your buck, it’ll be hard to beat the deal you can get with the Vilano Voyager.
- Rigid & Durable: It feels very similar to a hard board. The board is made of high grade PVC material with Korean...
- Inflatable & Portable: Deflated it's only 1 foot in diameter by 36"
- Deck Features: Comfort diamond groove traction for grip,11 stainless D-Rings and bungee on front deck for storage.
What We Don’t Like About The Vilano Voyager 11′ Inflatable SUP
- Aluminum paddle – It’s not the best to grip, and not the best constructed paddle out there, but it is functional. Vilano at least went through the trouble of making sure the paddle floats.
- No color options – The red and black looks cool, but it might have been nice to see some alternate color schemes for this board.
This iSUP Is Best Suited For
- Riders who want to be prepared – In addition to having above average performance in multiple conditions, this board has enough d-rings included for you to attach any boarding doodad you deem necessary.
- Speed demons – The ergonomic touring style is great for achieving high speed on open flat water and going long distances in a single stretch.
- Individuals who demand portability – This board is lightweight and folds up to such a small size that you can store it just about anywhere.
- Anyone on a budget – It’s not likely that you’ll have to break the bank to enjoy all of the features that this board has to offer.
This iSUP Is Not So Great For
- Those looking for a compact board – This board is on the longer side at 11′. If you feel more comfortable with a shorter board, you might not want to make the Voyager your first choice.
- Riders who don’t like the diamond groove – Some riders feel like it irritates their feet. If you’re in that group, this board might not be for you.
The Vilano Voyager is a great ultra-portable board that brings a lot to the table. It performs very well in terms of durability, speed in the water, carrying capacity, and all around fun. It’s a solid, speedy recommendation for anyone looking to start paddle boarding, or anyone who’s already experienced but wants to try something new.
Last update on 2021-12-08 at 14:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API