The Tower Adventurer 2 Inflatable SUP is constructed from an extremely tough, rugged material similar to those found on white-water river rafts and inflatable Zodiac dinghies—the kind ocean-going cruisers use to get back and forth from sailboats to land during rough weather.
The incredible rigidity of the Adventurer 2 is created by strategically placed, vertically oriented strands that bridge the top deck and bottom of the board. Once inflated, the support system takes on the rigidity and structural integrity of a piece of fiberglass wrapped around a slab of plywood. In other words, the deck is as solid as you need it to be—but it flexes at those pressure points that matter, making for a smoother ride that cuts through the chop, a more comfortable yoga pose, and ultimate tracking and maneuverability when you need to get from A to B.
If you’re still not convinced–don’t try this at home, but the guys and gals over at Tower have conducted a bit of an experiment. They balanced a Tower Adventurer 2 between two chairs and had a 200 lb friend stand in the middle. The results? Barely ANY flex. Most SUP’s would buckle to the floor in that scenario, but the Tower Adventurer 2 held strong.
In the past, inflatable SUP’s only got respect for their portability for travel and storage. The Tower Adventurer 2 goes way beyond that with its solid construction, rigidity, and responsiveness. It’s very much established itself a viable alternative to the heavier, more cumbersome Epoxy/EPS boards of yesterday.
The Adventurer 2 is constructed better and designed with a sleeker, more utilitarian look than its predecessor—the ever-popular Tower Adventurer. Tower Adventurer 2 is a bit longer, so it can carry more weight for destination trips or picnics—and if you’re not carrying a ton of extra weight, the added length will simply add to your speed over the water. The extra handle on the nose and the tail make carrying the board a breeze, and the cargo bungees on the bow keep necessities within easy reach. They double as a paddle storage system when you step away from your board and want to keep all moving parts in check and attached.
The Tower Adventurer 2 is a high-end, 10’4” long by 32” wide by 6″ high inflatable SUP. It is beautifully crafted with the following features:
- Branded diamond grooved deck pad for comfort
- 2 +1 fin configuration for tracking
- Removable center fin
- Hand-hold strap and a roll-up carrying strap
- Towing ring
- Cargo net
- Handles front and back
- Leash attachment at the tail
- Repair kit includes composite patches and valve wrench (patch kit glue is sourced locally)
Weight: 26 lbs
Volume: About 300 Liters
Weight Capacity: Up to 400 lbs
Tail Rocker: None
Nose Rocker: 4 inches
Construction: High-pressure inflatable SUP (Tested to 25 PSI, but requires just 10-11 PSI for optimal performance.)
What We Like About It
- The complete package: New design includes front bungee cargo net, carrying handles on the nose and tail plus a 3 piece fiberglass paddle and pump.
- Portability: Easy to store and transport to even the most remote locations. About the size of a sleeping bag, so it’s easily transported on a plane, boat, bicycle, or motorcycle.
- Extremely stable and rigid: Weight limit of up to 400 lbs on the water. When fully inflated, you can’t tell the difference between the Adventurer 2 and a rigid SUP.
- Two-year warranty: Manufacturers warranty completely covers everything outside of normal wear & tear.
- Highly durable: Drop-stitch construction and military-grade PVC material make this board a solid, durable choice.
- Storage simplicity: When rolled up, the board is just12” in diameter and only 33” wide.
- Virtually indestructible: No cracking or dings on this board. The subtle flexibility in construction shows itself when you need it most—and keeps the board looking new after multiple excursions.
- Safe on kids and feet: Bumper boats are okay with the Tower Adventurer 2. Kids can play safely like they would with an inner tube. The unique construction allows just enough give to keep bruises to a minimum; even in rough conditions and with a couple of nose-dives. You won’t notice the air-cushioned deck until you have put some time in on the board—and then, you’ll only notice the comfort. After all, an air cushioned board caters to tired feet a heck of a lot better than a hard board—no matter how soft the deck pad is.
- ROI: The cost and quality of the Tower Adventurer 2 rival the most popular rigid boards. With that said, they make great second boards for guests or for travel.
What We Don’t Like About It
The pump is mid-grade, but it does the job and gets you paddling.
The warranty does not apply to the included accessories. Being up a creek without the proverbial paddle would definitely take away from the whole inflatable SUP experience. However, the overall quality of the board itself, Tower’s excellent customer service, and the U.S.-based direct-sale experience more than make up for the fact that the paddle isn’t part of the guarantee.
Seriously? We have to buy our own repair glue?
It’s A Good Choice For…
People looking for a solid, lightweight SUP with cost-effectiveness and value, high performance, and ultimate portability.
It’s Not A Good Choice For…
Die-hard surfers or those looking to paddle frequently near rocky outcroppings and sharp objects.
Final Thoughts On It
Quite simply, the Adventurer 2 offers a higher quality product and a more enjoyable paddle than almost every other inflatable SUP’s on the market.
- [WIDE SUP DESIGN] – The Tower Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board is 10’4” long and provides 32” of deck width for...
- [SUPERIOR MANEUVERABILITY] – The large single bottom fin helps improve overall speed, handling and steering for easier...
- [MILITARY GRADE MATERIAL] – 6” Thick Military-Grade PVC material and Drop-Stitch construction provides extreme...
Tower’s boards are different because they are made by SUP paddlers who care about their experience on the water. If it’s possible to be better than best, the Adventurer 2 certainly rises to the occasion. It builds on the previous success of the Tower Adventurer and improves in more ways than one, leaving paddlers with the stability and seaworthiness of a rigid board and the cost-effectiveness and portability of a high-quality inflatable. With the inflatable Tower Adventurer 2, you never have to leave your SUP behind.
Last update on 2021-12-08 at 14:50 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API