THURSO SURF is a popular brand of SUP manufacturers that focuses on creating the best all-around paddle for aquatic adventures. The THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board is 10’6” long, 31” wide and 6” thick, weighing in at a light 24 pounds. It has a three-fin system with easy-to-use docking slots that allow you to add and remove fins as you please. The THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board comes with a variety of accessories including a dual action hand pump, carbon handle paddle, deck cooler bag, and more.
In this review of the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board, we will take an in-depth look of all of the best features, pros and cons, pricing, and more.
- THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board Best Features
- Durable Wood Grain Style PVC Deck
- Three Removable Fins
- 9 D-Rings and Bungee Cord Deck
- 2 Carrying Handles
- EVA Traction Pad
- High Pressure Air Valve
- Is the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board Right for You?
THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board Best Features
Durable Wood Grain Style PVC Deck
The THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board is made from two layers of military grade PVC layers stitched together using a drop stitch internal fabric. These materials are incredibly durable, and make for a more rigid deck when inflated properly. Like all THURSO SURF models, the Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board has a handsome natural wood grain appearance that sets it apart from any other SUP on the market. The wood grain finish is applied beautifully, and can easily be mistaken for actual wood from afar.
Three Removable Fins
Fins help riders steer their SUP while providing better tracking to make paddling easier. The THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board has a three-fin system with a large center fin and two smaller side fins. This set up allows for added stability from the center fin, along with better control and maneuverability provided by the side fins.
The fins use THURSO SURF’S Quick Lock technology, and require no tools for installation. To install the fins, simply slide them into the correct slot and lock the clips. To remove the fins, unlock the clips and gently pull the fin from the slot.
The adjustable fin design on the Waterwalker makes it one of the most versatile iSUPs on the market. All three fins on the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board are removable. A rider can add or remove fins depending on what kind of ride they are looking for. A single fin set up is ideal for surfing or nose riding, while twin fin riding will increase speed and maneuverability.
9 D-Rings and Bungee Cord Deck
Storage can be extremely important on a SUP mode if you’re looking to attach a chair, cooler, or any paddling equipment. The THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board provides riders with more than enough room with a 4 D-rings with bungee cords on the deck. This can be used to store in included deck cooler bag or to hold down any personal belongings.
There are also an additional 4 D-rings on the side of the Waterwalker, which can be used for additional equipment storage or to install a kayak chair for lounging. There is also an additional tail mounted D-ring, which can be used to attach a board leash or to keep the craft tied up to a boat or dock.
2 Carrying Handles
The THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board has two different handles that can be used to transport your board in and out of the water. The nose grab handle is located at the top of the board, and makes dragging the board in or out of the water a breeze.
There is also a neoprene covered grab handle in the middle of the traction pad with a Velcro closure. This center handle can be used to transport the board, or as a secure storage strap for your paddle. This is a great feature to have when out the water, as it gives you a convenient and safe place to store your paddle when you want to free your hands or jump into the water. You can also remove the neoprene cover, which is useful for when you want to lay flat on the board.
EVA Traction Pad
There are two pieces of traction pads that cover well over half the deck on the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board. The traction pads are made from an extra-soft EVA material that helps keep riders upright while providing optimal comfort.
The larger portion of the EVA foam located in the middle of the board has a grooved white and gray appearance. This is the area that you will likely spend the most time standing on while riding the Waterwalker, and can be used to mount a kayak chair.
The smaller grooved black piece is located right behind the main piece and decorated with white and gray accents. This extra area allows you to take a wider stance, or can be used when riding with small children or dogs.
High Pressure Air Valve
The THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board has a standard Halkey-Roberts inflation valve that is designed to fit all SUP manual and electric pumps. This valve has a push-pull system that allows you to easily inflate or deflate your SUP. The Halkey-Roberts style of inflation valves is celebrated for a low profile design, so you don’t have to worry about accidently catching yourself on it.
- 【Ideal Paddle Board Accessory】THURSO SURF paddle board deck bag easily fits 20 cans or equivalent amount of food for...
- 【Maintain Food and Drink Cold】Triple-layer construction: waterproof PVC exterior, ultra-thick aluminum insulation...
- 【Keep Your Items Safe and Dry】The SUP board cooler features WATERPROOF materials, RF WELDED seams, and sealed...
The deck cooler bag is one of the coolest accessories we’ve seen in an iSUP package. The insulated bag that comes with the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board can be used to store food, drinks, or personal items for long trips. It is water resistant, and comes with hooks and suction cups that can be used to secure the bag to the board. The deck bag also fits perfectly in the bungee storage area.
The bag has a capacity of 10 cans, and the insulation provides adequate padding and keeps everything cool. There is also a mesh storage pocket inside the bag, which can be used to store small snacks or personal items. The waterproof phone pouch is a great touch, and can be used to safely store your cellphone while on the water. There is an additional zippered mesh storage area on the lid for items you want to be able to access easily.
- THURSO SURF 6 feet surfboard leash features stainless steel double swivels, preventing your leash from tangling and...
- The ¼’’(7.2mm) thick high-strength urethane cord makes the leash sturdy and strong enough for surfing even with...
- The triple wrap rail saver with super-strong Velcro system ensures the leash securely fastened to your board.
Board leashes are an important safety feature to ensure the rider doesn’t lose their board should they lose balance while on the water. Board leashes typically attach to the rider’s ankle, with a hook that can be secured to one of the D-rings. The coiled board leash is made with a 7 mm urethane cord with double stainless steel swivels. It can extend up to 10 feet, but keeps coiled up at a shorter distance to prevent accidently tripping over the cord.
- THE COMPANY - Helping everyone to ‘get out and do’ is the reason Surf and Snow Warehouse exists. Created by a Kiwi...
- THE PRODUCT - The Own the Wave 2-pc/3-pc Adjustable Alloy SUP Paddle delivers a strong aluminum shaft, a durable nylon...
- MORE ABOUT THE PRODUCT - This paddle easily adjusts by popping out the paddle clip. The height range is simply huge:...
The THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board comes with a high-quality carbon shaft that is stronger and lighter than the usual aluminum paddles. This makes paddling easier and leaves you with less fatigue after a long trip on the water. The paddle easily breaks down into three pieces that can be stored inside the storage bag. It can also be kept as one piece and stored on the center handle if you don’t feel like deflating your Waterwalker right away.
- Your best friend to set up and roll up an inflatable paddleboard. Use the INF port to inflate and the DEF port to...
- Traditionally located inside the pump body, the connecting tube is moved to the outside to lower friction and increase...
- Feature both single and double action models. Use the double action mode to generate large volume of air at low...
The double action hand pump is a great addition to the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board, and works wonders when it comes to inflation. To inflate the Waterwalker, pull the air valve open and attach the pump hose securely.
Inflating the board to the recommended 15-PSI pressure takes only about 6-8 minutes, which is surprisingly fast for an iSUP of its size. You can also switch between single and double action moved depending on the pressure conditions.
The travel backpack allows you to take the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board and all of its accessories on the road. There is a large storage area that can fit a deflated Waterwalker, with more space for the pump, paddle, and even the deck cooler bag.
The clear zipped storage pocket on the outside of the bag is a great place to store the fins or any other small accessories. There are multiple heavy-duty grab handles on the top, sides, and back of the bag, along with two padded adjustable backpack straps.
THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around
Paddle Board Pros
- Great Stability. The THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board ranks high in stability, especially for a smaller model. Greater stability can be achieved by using all three of the removable fins, which can also help with tracking and speed.
- Made from Rigid Materials. There’s no need to worry about anything breaking on the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board. The military-grade PVC stands up strong to any cuts or scrapes, and offers an attractive wood grain appearance that you will love.
- Easy to Paddle. The lightweight design of the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board and the included carbon paddle make wading through the water a breeze. The paddle glides through the water with little effort, and can be used to easily maneuver the board in your intended direction.
- Packed with Accessories. We love all of the accessories included with the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board. The carbon paddle is a step above many of the paddles included in iSUP packages, while the pump provides more than enough power to quickly inflate your board. The coolest feature is the deck cooler bag, which adds additional storage and keeps your food and beverages safe from the water.
- Easy to Transport. The THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board is only 24 pounds, and can be easily rolled up and stored in the travel backpack. The nose handle allows you to pull an inflated board in or out of the water, while the center handle makes it easy to tuck the board under your arm.
- Quick Inflation. The THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board has one of the quickest inflations we’ve seen in an iSUP of its size. The Waterwalker only takes about 6-8 minutes to inflate, a huge improvement over some boards which take upwards of 10 minutes to fill.
- 2 Year Warranty. In the unlikely case that anything on the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board should malfunction or break, the board is covered by a two-year full warranty. If you find any manufacturer defects on the Waterwalker within 24 months of purchase, you are eligible for a replacement model or full refund.
THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around
Paddle Board Cons
- Not the Fastest Model. The smaller and thicker design of the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board doesn’t offer as much speed as thinner, longer models. However, what the Waterwalker lacks in speed it makes up for with stability and maneuverability.
- Paddle can Sink. One of the only issues we have with the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board is that the paddle is still heavy enough to sink. Some customers have also reported the bottom part of the paddle can fall off.
- The THURSO SURF Waterwalker 126 is our most versatile all-around inflatable paddle board. Its hybrid shape of a...
- THURSO SURF inflatable SUP boast the strongest iSUP structure available on the market. All our paddleboards feature...
- The included Carbon shaft paddle is the best paddle found in any iSUP package. Far superior to those made from aluminum...
The THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around 10’ 6” Paddle Board is on Amazon. The package comes with the board, storage case, detachable fins, paddle, air pump, deck cooler, and a waterproof cell phone bag.
Is the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board Right for You?
We recommend the THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board to anyone who wants to go out and enjoy a great time on the water. The Waterwalker is a great option for those who are just dipping their toes into the SUP hobby, and also for professional riders looking to upgrade their SUP experience.
The THURSO SURF Waterwalker All-Around Paddle Board comes with everything that you need to get started, so you can go out on the water just as soon as it arrives. Advanced riders will find value in the detachable fins, which allow you to play with the speed, maneuverability and stability of the board. This means you can fine-tune your boarding experience and create the smoothest ride no water what type of water you’re on.
Last update on 2021-08-06 at 00:10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API