The 10’5” Versa SUP is one of Isle’s revamped for 2016 stand-up isle paddle board, designed with beginners in mind. This isn’t like cheap beginner boards made from low-quality wood that weighs a ton. The Isle 10’5 Versa Paddle Board is constructed from top of the line epoxy. Epoxy boards manage to maintain durability while still being lightweight. How light? The total weight of this board is only 27 lbs. When you consider the fact that it’s only 4.5 inches thick and can support a rider up to 275 lbs, that’s pretty impressive.
For a newcomer to paddle boarding, the Isle Stand Up Paddle Board makes a world of difference. The lightweight board makes it easy to maneuver, and the high durability means that you can test it out without fear of breaking it easily. To top it off the level of stability offered by this board is surprising. For a beginner, that could mean the difference between repeatedly falling in the water, or actually getting a chance to hone your skills and become a better rider.
Isle also included various amenities to the Versa SUP to add to its overall convenience. There’s a “comfort groove” handle, which is positioned in the center of the board to make it easy to carry by maximizing leverage. This Isle paddle board features a patterned surface to reduce the likelihood of slipping while riding, and a removable center fin that’s easy to install or remove. That last bit is important as it makes transport of the board much easier when you can simply remove the fin.
- Top Features
- What We Like About The ISLE 10’5 Versa Standup Paddle Board
- What We Don’t Like About The ISLE 10’5 Versa Standup Paddle Board
- This SUP Is Best For
- This SUP Is Not So Great For
- The Verdict
- High Durability – As mentioned, this board is constructed from a high-quality epoxy. The new construction process, which utilizes what the Isle paddle board has dubbed “thermal molded technology”, further augments the weight/durability ratio, resulting in a board that is light but does not sacrifice strength in order to “make weight”, so to speak.
- Lightweight – Almost as light as some inflatables. This board is only 27 lbs. Granted, it’s a bit thinner at only 4.5”, but the durability of its component materials mostly makes up for the decreased girth.
- Includes Accessories – Rather than force you to forage for additional gear, Isle has deigned to include a pretty good composite paddle with the Versa board. The adjustable paddle has a carbon shaft and solid plastic blade and a hand pump. Not top of the line, but very good considering it’s an additional item.
- Generous Size – There are some smallish paddle boards out on the market targeted at beginners, but this is not one of them. Coming in at 10’5” long and 32” wide, there’s plenty of room for newbies to get their bearings straight.
- Well-rounded – The board doesn’t have any glaring weaknesses in its design and doesn’t favor any one activity over the other. You can use it to fish, to surf, or engage in any other common paddleboard activities at a beginner-intermediate level.
- Fair Return Policy – If you don’t like the board, you can return it within 30 days of purchase. A policy like that goes a long way in showing a company stands behind the quality of their product.
- Weight limit – 275 pounds
- Classic longboard – An all-around shape best suited for different paddlers, be it beginner or intermediate riders when paddling on flat water and small waves.
What We Like About The ISLE 10’5 Versa Standup Isle Paddle Board
Good value – You won’t have to break the bank to get this isle paddle board, and when you’re just starting out, or you’re getting an extra board to bring along for friends to use that’s a big plus.
Versatility – As stated, this isle paddle board is safe and stable under a variety of conditions. You might not be going into the toughest surf with your Versa, but for most activities, it will stay solid.
Good color selections – Of which our favorite is the featured white/brown. It’s a classic appearance that has an abundance of warmth and soul. If you’re a fan of cooler colors, however, there are a few blue versions that are equally striking (just in a different way).
That fin is easy to work with – We’ve experienced boards where that removable fin was a hassle that required what seemed like a doctorate-level education to install. Not the case with the Versa. There’s one screw and a simple 5-step process that’s easy to follow.
- ALL-AROUND CLASSIC SUP DESIGN: Rigid and stable for riders of all skill levels. Perfect for activities like flatwater...
- RUGGED CONSTRUCTION: The Versa offers new thermal-molded technology that eliminates waste in the construction process...
- INCLUDES FULL ACCESSORY BUNDLE: Each paddle board comes with all the gear you need to get on the water. Includes carbon...
What We Don’t Like About The ISLE 10’5 Versa Standup Paddle Board
Could have been thicker – Make no mistake, the board is still stable at 4.5”, however, if you’re the type that just prefers the feel of a 6” board it will be noticeable that the Versa is a bit thinner.
This SUP Is Best For
Beginners – This board has all the hallmarks that make it a good beginner’s stand up isle paddle board. It’s strong, it’s light, and you can use it for just about anything.
Anyone who needs a good backup – At a fair price as well. This board balances price with features, which makes it a sensible option as a second board.
This SUP Is Not So Great For
Highly skilled riders – Unless you’re purchasing as a backup or a gift, you’ll want to save up for a more expensive isle paddle board that’s geared towards advanced riders if you fall in that category.
Final Review of the Isle Versa SUP
There’s no denying that this is a finely produced isle paddle board, one that stands out as being great for first-timers. With the minor exception of the thickness, there really isn’t anything that you can take away from the Versa. It performs as advertised, and fills an important role as a secondary/beginner board. Barring the hardcore rider, this board can be recommended to just about anyone with the utmost confidence.