The ISLE Airtech 12’6” inflatable standup paddleboard is a specialized lighter weight iSUP that is designed with the adventurous rider in mind. This is a Touring model paddle board, which comes with a host of advantages and disadvantages when compared to general purpose models. Is this board still able to hold its own when stacked up against other inflatables? Yes, when you keep in mind that the Airtech Touring is a niche board that has a more precise function than other iSUPs.
If you were to take only a cursory look at the Airtech, you might mistake it for just another iSUP. A brief overview reveals that it’s just as durable as other top of the line inflatable boards, on account of the high grade PVC. Like other boards it inflates to 15 psi for optimal use. It’s even got the same 6” thickness, just like many of the stronger paddle boards that are available. Wherein lies the difference? The Airtech is on average 8 lbs lighter than most other paddle boards, weighing only 21.5 lbs when fully inflated.
In addition, the ISLE Airtech boasts an extensive system of steel D-rings (14 in total), bungees (2 come included), and handles (center and nose), allowing riders to store tons of gear and add attachments to the board at will. Combined with its reduced weight, this makes the Airtech a speedy travel device, equipped for venturing off the beaten path.
- Exceptionally lightweight – The Airtech is 30% lighter than most other available boards. This translates to greater speed in the water, making this a board of choice for zipping across open ocean or cutting through choppy water without worry. This is our top pick when it comes to the best lightweight iSUP on the market.
- Very durable – The “Fusion-Lite” construction technique doesn’t just afford lighter weight to this board, it also results in a board that is stiffer and more durable than comparable inflatables.
- Includes accessories – A travel paddle, carry back pack, pump, fins, and repair kit, to be specific.
- Made for gear – The bungee system is ideal for attaching a variety of equipment to your board, and the D-rings are great for add-ons or tying up your board with a leash.
- 2-Year Warranty – Covers workmanship and material defects.
What We Like About The ISLE Airtech 12’6 Inflatable SUP
- This board can move – Thanks to the lightweight and sleek design, it cuts through the water like a hot knife through butter.
- You can load it up – Pack on the gear. The bungee system works great for holding all manner of item. Extra paddles, camera equipment, or whatever else strikes your fancy.
- It’s a solid board – Even if you decide to go heavy on the amount of extra stuff you’re hauling about, this board remains just as stiff as a hard paddle board.
- Quick setup – With a good electric pump you’ll have this board inflated in under 10 minutes. Deflation is just as quick and easy.
- SPECS – 12’6” x 31” x 6” | 325 liters of volume to support beginner paddlers up to 275 pounds | Board weight...
- STABILITY FOR FITNESS – Wide nose and tail outline offer an ultra-stable platform for SUP yoga and other forms of...
- ULTRA-DURABLE CONSTRUCTION – Built with Military-Grade PVC -- 6" thick when fully inflated. Forget about dings or...
What We Don’t Like About The ISLE Airtech 12’6 Inflatable SUP
- The aluminum paddle – Including a paddle was a great idea. Constructing it from aluminum, less so. It’s not a terrible paddle, but the aluminum is noticeably heavier than other materials. Carbon fiber would have been a better choice.
- Lower weight capacity – 275 lbs is a significant amount of weight, mind you, but pales in comparison to 400 lb capacity of some other boards. This is an understandable limitation though, as Isle wanted to keep this board light and fast.
- A bit trickier for beginners – This board rides so straight and quick that it might take a neophyte rider a considerable amount of time to learn to control this board to the point that they can turn it effectively.
This iSUP Is Best For
- Riders that want to go fast – One of this board’s standout features is its lightweight and quickness. Speed demons will be thrilled.
- Individuals that need to conserve space – As with all other inflatable boards, breaking this board down allows you to roll it up into a convenient, space-saving package. Just throw it in a bag and you can easily tuck it out of the way.
- Skilled riders – This board will give advanced paddle board enthusiasts to tools they need to tackle more challenging excursions. The large storage abilities of the Airtech practically beg you to load the thing up and take it out on a lengthy adventure.
This iSUP Is Not So Great For
- Novices – There’s a learning curve to this board that will make it a bit of a challenge for some (but not all) newcomers.
- Consumers who need additional weight capacity – As we mentioned previously, 275 lbs is enough for most riders, but for some people out there, an increased weight capacity is a necessity. Those folks may be better off looking at a iSUP that supports 350 or 400 lbs
This is a great board for more skilled riders, or anyone who wants to take long, exciting trips at high speeds. The Airtech is strong enough to withstand the usual paddle board hazards, with the advantage of being lighter than just about any other iSUP out there.
The extra features like the D-ring and bungee system, along with the bundled accessories, are great bonuses that add to the value of an already outstanding product. The Airtech makes for a great primary board for anyone looking to upgrade from their current board to a sturdy inflatable.
Last update on 2021-12-08 at 14:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API