The iRocker inflatable board is a smaller iSUP that doesn’t sacrifice strength and durability for compactness and portability. By combining triple-layered PVC with a sturdy drop-stitching process, iRocker has crafted a durable board that withstands impacts from rocks or debris in the water. The board measures a manageable 10′ x 30” x 6” when optimally inflated to about 10-12psi, and still manages to support up to 350 lbs.
Other compact boards usually work well exclusively with compact people, but the iRocker is a small board that large riders can also enjoy without feeling like they’re going to fall into the water.
The board weighs 28 pounds, and manages to squeeze down to 12” x 33” when rolled up, one of the most compressed carrying sizes currently available. The iRocker has one of the best weight limits for paddling. This supportive paddle board can hold up to 350 lbs which is more than most others. Its impressive weight limit makes it possible for more than one person to be on the board.
The board comes with the standard starter accessories, and although the paddle is an aluminum one, and a bit on the heavy side, iRocker at least designed the thing to float! The traction pad is very reliable and there are four stainless steel d-rings located along the sides of the traction pad for attaching the iRocker’s optional kayak seat. Hand pumps are rarely ever the most efficient way to pump up inflatables, but the pump here has the saving grace of only taking 150-180 pumps to achieve the desired psi, and has a pressure gauge to make sure you don’t over-do it.
The three fin setup on this board is great for keeping it straight. By and large, this board handles most conditions well and cuts through the water staying true to course.
- Top Features
- What We Like About The iRocker Paddle Boards 10′ Inflatable SUP
- What We Don’t Like About The iRocker Paddle Boards 10′ Inflatable SUP
- This iSUP Is Best Suited For
- This iSUP Is Not So Great For
- The Verdict
- High durability – Even at a reduced length and width, the iRocker manages to maintain durability and weight capacity similar to larger boards thanks to its triple-layer material and quality construction. Size, in this particular instance, doesn’t matter.
- D ring system – Of you want to install a kayak seat or other attachment, the iRocker comes with 4 D-ring points in the middle of the board.
- No-slip surface – The iRocker has an EVA diamond groove deck to keep riders on their feet. Good for conditions where the water’s splashing about and it’d be easy to take a spill.
- 2+1 fin setup – With a detachable center fin. Keeps the board on point, and comes right off when it’s time to break the board down. Easy to install as well, using the same concept as many similar inflatable paddle boards.
- 2-year warranty – iRocker stands behind their product and provides a 2-year warranty that has you covered for everything outside of normal wear and tear.
What We Like About The iRocker Paddle Boards 10′ Inflatable SUP
- Durability in a small package – When purchasing a smaller inflatable board, there’s always the worry that it won’t be able to handle a larger rider. Not so with the iRocker. They’ve managed to create a higher capacity board that’s only 10′ in length. The reduced size can be enjoyed by riders of all sizes who want to experience the advantages of a small board.
- Reduced inflating time – Even with the hand pump, you can get this done in under 10 minutes. When you have an electric pump at your disposal, the process is almost effortless.
- The triple-layer material is rigid – But easy to the touch at the same time. You’ll feel as if you are riding on a hard board, except if it hits you. No painful hardboard style injuries.
- Comes with a backpack – A lot of boards don’t, and this is a big help for packing everything away and hauling it around.
- EXTREMELY STABLE, iROCKER CRUISER INFLATABLE PADDLE BOARD: 10’6” Long 33” Wide 6” Thick - Board Weight 25 lbs...
- HIGH QUALITY ADJUSTABLE FIBERGLASS PADDLE: Floating fiberglass paddle, half the weight of a standard aluminum paddle...
- THE NEW FULL THROTTLE, DUAL CHAMBER, TRIPLE ACTION HAND PUMP by iROCKER: NEW for 2019, the Full Throttle, Dual Chamber...
What We Don’t Like About The iRocker Paddle Boards 10′ Inflatable SUP
- A bit heavier than expected – Sure it’s compact, but feels a bit dense at 28 pounds. No doubt there are heavier boards around, but at 10′ it would have been nice if they could shave just a few extra pounds off the total weight.
- That paddle – To be clear, it’s not the worst aluminum paddle around, but iRocker is known for it’s very nice, lightweight carbon fiber and fiberglass paddles. Why not just include one of those with the package? At least it floats and is adjustable.
This iSUP Is Best Suited For
- Those looking for strength and reduced size – This board combines both so that larger riders can play around with that small board feel, and smaller riders who are used to shorter boards have something sturdy to hit the water with.
- Individuals experimenting with paddling in various conditions – This board is versatile enough to work in different situations, so whether you’re taking on flat lakes, slightly choppy rivers, or mild surf in the ocean, you can rest assured this board will stay along for the ride.
This iSUP Is Not So Great For
- Those who feel the diamond groove is a bit harsh on the feet – A lot of riders enjoy the improved grip of the diamond groove, but there are those who don’t like the way it feels, and for who it’s a bit uncomfortable. If you’re in the latter group, this might not be the best board for you.
- Anyone looking for a specialized board – If you’re more into racing/touring boards, and need something that will let you pack on loads of gear, this board may not be your first choice.
Final Review of the iRocker Paddle Board
Aside from some minor quibbles, there really isn’t anything you can detract points from this board for. In addition to providing amazing stability, high mid-grade weight capacity, and outstanding rigidity and durability, it does so in an impressively small frame. An excellent buy for any paddler.
Last update on 2021-06-17 at 20:30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API