Scooters are one of the things that scientists recommend to parents to teach their children as soon as possible to create rigidity and autonomy from such an early age. The toddler is a great stage for getting started.
But out of numerous options out there, how to choose the best scooter for toddlers?
Don’t worry, let me help you!
- Top 16 Best Scooter For Toddlers Reviews In 2022
- 1. YBIKE GLX Childs 3 Wheel Toddlers Scooter
- 2. Razor A Toddlers Scooter
- 3. Razor Jr. Folding Kiddie Toddlers Scooter
- 4. Micro Kickboard Toddlers Scooter
- 5. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Toddlers Scooter
- 6. Little Tikes Toddlers Scooter
- 7. Globber 3 Wheel Toddlers Scooter
- 8. Radio Flyer Scoot-About Toddlers Scooter
- 9. YBIKE GLX Cruze 3-Wheel Toddlers Scooter
- 10. Den Haven Deluxe 3 Wheel Toddlers Scooter
- 11. Razor Kixi Mixi Green 2 Wheel Toddlers Scooter
- 12. Kiddimoto Toddlers Scooter
- 13. High Bounce Toddlers Scooter
- 14. Ferrari Toddlers Scooter
- 15. Radio Flyer My 1st Toddlers Scooter
- 16. Lascoota 2-in-1 Toddlers Scooter
- The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best Scooter For Toddlers In 2022
Top 16 Best Scooter For Toddlers Reviews In 2022
1. YBIKE GLX Childs 3 Wheel Toddlers Scooter
The YBIKE GLX Childs 3 Wheel Toddlers Scooter features a design that is appreciated for excellent safety properties but still provides the rider a fast and joyful experience.
The wheels are very notable as it includes three – two on the front with ultra-large 125mm size and one smaller on the back.
This special design helps kids keep balance better and along with a user-friendly rear fender brake and an extra-wide, grip deck, parents can rest assured to let their kids ride around with guaranteed safety.
Using cartridge bearing, it rides very smoothly with a little wobble at high speed.
As made for 5-year-old kids and older, it features an adjustable handlebar with height ranges of 28” to 32.5” to ensure it will be with your kids as long as possible.
Note: This scooter is able to handle a max load of 110 pounds.
- Ride fast yet safely – feature a three-wheel design, a wide, grippy deck, and a rear brake
- Give a smooth riding experience – cartridge bearing
- Grow with kids – extendable handlebar
- The handlebar isn’t foldable
|Handlebar||extendable from 28 to 32.5 inches|
|Wheels||125mm front wheels & composite 100mm wheel core|
|Dimensions||22.4 L x 11.4W x 36 H inches|
|Deck||fiber-reinforced non-slip ABS deck|
|Weight Capacity||110 lbs.|
|Highlight Features||a three-wheel scooter design, a wide, grippy deck, and a rear brake; cartridge bearing; extendable handlebar|
2. Razor A Toddlers Scooter
On Amazon, this toddler scooter is labeled as #1 Bestseller in the kick scooter category and I’m not surprised.
For those who don’t know, Razor is a super-renowned brand with nearly 20 years’ expertise in manufacturing scooters, skateboards, and more. This model is also one of the bestsellers on their website, known for unrivaled durability and ease of use.
It emphasizes high-grade aluminum construction which is not only lightweight for easier maneuverability but also sturdy to last for years of abuse.
I love its handlebar which is both extendable and foldable so that it’s easy for storage or transporting between rides. The wheels – unlike some other low-end brands – are very durable with good shock absorption, and rolling fast.
For souped-up safety, there also comes a rear brake. For the price, I do appreciate its 6-month warranty.
If you’re wondering, this model is for toddler boys and toddler girls aged 3 and up.
- Reliable – made by Razor & backed by a 6-month warranty
- Durable & safe – made of a high-quality aluminum frame, urethane wheels, and a rear brake
- Easy to maneuver and transport – foldable handlebar and lightweight construction
- Can’t take the impact of large cracks
- Not many instructions
|Handlebar||Folding, extendable handlebars|
|Wheels||98mm inline-style wheels|
|Dimensions||11.2 x 32.5 x 24 inches|
|Weight||< 5.4 pounds|
|Deck||heat-treated, aircraft-grade aluminum construction|
|Highlight Features||made by Razor & backed by a 6-month warranty; made of a high-quality aluminum frame, urethane wheels, and a rear brake; foldable handlebar|
3. Razor Jr. Folding Kiddie Toddlers Scooter
The Razor Jr. Folding Kiddie Toddlers Scooter will definitely be a good choice for kids from 3 years old and up, as long as their weight is no heavier than 44 pounds.
What’s good about this model is its comfortable and ultra-safe design with an emphasis on the soft foam handles excellently slip-resistant polypropylene deck and three wheels.
The whole construction is quite solid and dependable yet lightweight so if unfortunately, your kid falls, this scooter won’t hurt him/her.
Glad to know that its handlebar is foldable, meaning that it is very convenient and compact for storage or transport.
- Comfortable and ultra-safe – soft foam handles, excellently slip-resistant deck, and three wheels
- Solid yet lightweight construction – made of high-grade polypropylene materials
- Convenient and compact for storage or transporting – foldable handlebar
- There’s no way to lock the handlebars
- The handlebar height isn’t extendable
|Handlebar||soft foam handles, foldable|
|Dimensions||10.4 x 25.2 x 22.2 inches|
|Deck||slip-resistant polypropylene deck|
|Weight Capacity||44 pounds.|
|Highlight Features||soft foam handles, excellently slip-resistant deck, and three wheels; foldable handlebar|
4. Micro Kickboard Toddlers Scooter
Another trusted scooter brand that I’d like to introduce to you is Micro and for toddlers, this model is very well-favorited.
It comes in pre-assembly, which is a big plus for low-tech parents, and all the tools needed during the use are also included in the package. Such as the hex wrench for adjusting the handlebar height.
Small talk about its height range, it can grow with kids from ages 5 to 12, along with a maximum load of 110 pounds.
Regardless, the scooter receives lots of compliments about its decent support, stability, and ease of use. It allows the rider to carve and curve the sidewalk with safety with no compromise of speed.
It highlights a lean-to-steer design with three wheels attached, and the lightweight yet solid design makes it perfect for elementary children. A gold standard 2-year warranty is a big bonus.
- Trusted and dependable – made by Micro, provide award-winning customer service, and a 2-year warranty
- High value – come pre-assembly & include a hex wrench
- Supportive and stable when carving the sidewalk – a lean-to-steer & 3-wheel design
- Hard to scoot around the driveway – not turn very sharply
- A bit pricey
|Handlebar||extends from 24in to 36in|
|Wheels||Front wheels: 5” Back wheel: 3”|
|Dimensions||23.6 x 6.7 x 10.2 inches|
|Deck||13″ x 5.5″ deck|
|Highlight Features||award-winning customer service, and a 2-year warranty; a lean-to-steer & 3-wheel design|
5. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Toddlers Scooter
The Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Toddlers Scooter stands out for its unique, catchy design. If your baby is around 1-2 years old, this is a great way for him/her to exercise with fun.
It has three levels of play (12M+, 18M+, and 24M+) for parents to choose from depending on the age of their kids.
You don’t need to worry that kids don’t like it because this scooter is integrated with over 50 sing-along songs. There are also three shape buttons and one motion switch to teach your baby about numbers, shapes, colors, and more.
It is also equipped with sound suggestions and encouraging voice phrases to reward babies for playing.
In general, this scooter is a worth-buying product for kids to play, exercise, and learn something while parents can save more effort when supervising them.
- Very attractive design – feature over 50 sing-along songs, fun phrases and sounds
- Able to customize the contents for different ages – three levels of play (12M+, 18M+, and 24M+)
- Able to teach kids about colors, shapes, and more – feature three shape buttons and one motion switch
- Kids outgrow it really fast
- Wheels are prone to get scratched – they have no traction
- A bit bulky
|Handlebar||Plastic, not adjustable|
|Dimensions||22.5 x 10.13 x 13 inches|
|Weight Capacity||55 lbs.|
|Highlight Features||feature over 50 sing-along songs, fun phrases, and sounds; three levels of play; three shape buttons, and one motion switch|
6. Little Tikes Toddlers Scooter
The Little Tikes Toddlers Scooter is a great scooter for toddlers. It comes in a perfect size for kids around 2-4 years old.
Like most other counterparts here, it has three wheels for extra stability while riding. A big thumb-up for the low-to-the-ground deck and smooth wheels for easier balance. Besides, there is a brake on where you step down on the plastic that brushes against the back wheel.
The base is pretty heavy-duty plastic.
The handlebar design of this scooter is a bit special. It is stationary so the child must learn how to change direction by pushing with their legs.
Fans of this product are also praised for their ease of storage when you can quickly release the handles. in fact, it is able to fit into a suitcase.
All-in-all, this is a great little scooter for learners and it’s well worth the price.
- Extra stability while riding – a three-wheel design
- Easier balance – the low-to-the-ground deck and smooth wheels
- The handlebar isn’t adjustable
|Dimensions||21.25 x 10.5 x 26.5 inches|
|Weight Capacity||40 pounds|
|Highlight Features||the low-to-the-ground deck and smooth wheels|
7. Globber 3 Wheel Toddlers Scooter
The Globber is one of the pioneer models in the toddler scooter realm that feature a patented steering lock button. In fact, it has won more than 15 awards for these patented designs.
The biggest benefit of this special lock button is to help kids learn to scoot more easily and safely. You can lock it straight or make it more maneuverable. Once the lock is on, riders can turn left and right by just tilting the handle.
I quite love the quality of this scooter. It is sturdy and very comfortable for kids of 2 years old or older to use.
Light-up wheels are cool and doing well, even after a dive into water and snow, even mud puddles.
- Allow kids to learn scooting easily and safely – a patented steering lock button
- Fun to ride – light-up wheels
- Wish the turning abilities were better
|Handlebar||Not foldable or adjustable|
|Dimensions||56 x 27.8 x 77 inches|
|Highlight Features||a patented steering lock button|
8. Radio Flyer Scoot-About Toddlers Scooter
This ride-on scoot-cycle is really stable and made well.
It includes metal handlebars with rubber grips, plastic shaped seat that has a metal mounting shaft, a metal fork shaft with a protective fork connection shield, metal main chassis, and more. For this reason, it lasts very well.
No pedals on the scouter, so the toddler learns to move his/her feet to move the scouter.
A plus is that its seat can be moved up or down depending on the child’s needs, about 14” to the floor and seat adjusted all the way up maybe 20” to 23”.
The wheels work really. It can ride on sidewalks and blacktop during the winter and have it roll indoors, this scooter can roll on carpeting also.
- Stable and well-made – metal handlebars with rubber grips, metal fork shaft with protective fork connection shield, metal main chassis, etc.
- Encourage the rider to learn to scoot – No pedals
- Able to customize to a desired seat height-adjustable seat ranging within 20” to 23”
- Able to roll on different surfaces – functional wheels
- The bar that runs between the front 2 wheels is short
- The handgrips are a cheaper plastic
- Wish the handlebar height was adjustable
|Dimensions||23.54″ X 18.98″ X 17.64″.|
|Weight Capacity||42 lbs.|
|Highlight Features||No pedals; adjustable seat ranging within 20” to 23”; solid construction|
9. YBIKE GLX Cruze 3-Wheel Toddlers Scooter
With a 44-pound max weight, the YBIKE GLX Cruze 3-Wheel Toddlers Scooter is ideal for kids aged 2 to 5. It’s very easy to assemble for parents and easy to use for kids.
The unit is made of composite wheel core with cast PU wheels and cartridge bearing, rubber grips, injected molded plastic body, and lightweight aluminum handlebar.
A great toy for getting out and staying active! And I think it will take a beating pretty well for kids who are tough on toys.
The new design allows kids to control better than other models on the market because it provides a better-balanced center of gravity. As the handlebar features a nice curve, it offers extra room while shifting the child’s weight back towards it.
Note that this scooter is not foldable but its handlebar is removable from underneath for neater storage or transporting. Besides, it will be best on flat surfaces but not good on grass.
- Easy to assemble
- Very durable and long-lasting – made of composite wheel core with cast PU wheels and cartridge bearing, rubber grips, injected molded plastic body, and aluminum handlebar
- Provide a better-balanced center of gravity – the handlebar features a nice curve
- The handlebar isn’t adjustable
- A bit pricey
|Wheels||3 cast PU wheels.|
|Dimensions||22.8 L x 3.9 W x 25.8 H inches|
|Deck||wide raised deck|
|Weight Capacity||44 lbs.|
|Highlight Features||Simple assembly; the handlebar features a nice curve;|
10. Den Haven Deluxe 3 Wheel Toddlers Scooter
The Den Haven Deluxe 3 Wheel Toddlers Scooter is a great value considering the low price.
It’s particularly created to allow kids to concentrate more on their moving so they can quickly learn how to ride, steer, and sit while zooming.
The extendable handlebar means they can use it as they grow. But take note that it doesn’t turn so turning this scooter is quite different than a standard scooter. A quick guide is when you lean the bar left/right and the wheels turn left/right.
I also like the two wheels in the front design allowing the kids to freely kick for speed without hitting the back wheel.
They’re versatile enough to ride on various surfaces, such as concrete and grass.
- Allow kids to concentrate on moving – three-wheeled design for stability and support
- Kids can use the scooter even when they keep growing fast – adjustable handlebar
- Able to freely kick for speed without hitting the back wheel
- Poor quality brake
|Handlebar||extends from 14.5 inches to 24 inches|
|Wheels||Quality PU wheels|
|Dimensions||5.75 x 10.98 x 23.54 inches.|
|Deck||high-quality aluminum metal frame|
|Weight Capacity||70 pounds|
|Highlight Features||three-wheeled design; adjustable handlebar; good wheels|
11. Razor Kixi Mixi Green 2 Wheel Toddlers Scooter
This Razor scooter is even more versatile than the other three-wheeled versions above because it’s able to convert to a 2-wheel design for an advanced riding experience.
The wheels are rubbery enough to even use indoors.
Measured by 23.2 x 27.2 x 12.8 inches and with a 45-pound weight capacity, it is ideal for kids of 3 to 5 years old. And it’s very fast and stable at high speeds.
The handlebars do not turn all the way around like the “Big Boy Razor Scooter”, which it turns out a good thing as it helps keep the rider from flipping over the handlebars during a sharp turn. On the other hand, they are foldable for simple storage.
In a nutshell, very sturdy and high quality at a low price. Note: this scooter would only use on paved surfaces.
- Flexible – able to convert from a three-wheel to a two-wheel design
- Versatile – wheels can be used outdoors and indoors
- Easy to put together
- The height is not adjustable
|Wheels||3 PU wheels|
|Dimensions||23.2 x 27.2 x 12.8 inches|
|Deck||100% aircraft-grade aluminum and lightweight steel|
|Weight Capacity||45 pounds.|
|Highlight Features||able to convert from a three-wheel to a two-wheel design|
12. Kiddimoto Toddlers Scooter
This Kiddimoto Toddlers Scooter is safe and high-quality. The lightweight, durable wheels when moving are a huge hit and the brake works phenomenally well.
The biggest bonus lies in its handlebar design which is not only foldable for convenient storage but also extendable to grow with your young rider. According to the manufacturer, it is able to adjust from 24” to 28”, ideal for kids aging within 2.5 to 5.
Its lightweight design along with the grippy deck is another good thing as kids can easily learn to ride on it in minutes.
With five style options and a light-up wheel design, I believe your little rider will fall for it.
- Durable construction
- Full of control – functional and durable brake
- Interesting to ride – light-up wheels
- A bit expensive
- Colors are a bit brighter than images
|Handlebar||adjustable from 24-28 inches|
|Wheels||3 light-up wheels|
|Dimensions||20.5 x 28 x 8.9 inches|
|Highlight Features||functional and durable brake; light-up wheels|
13. High Bounce Toddlers Scooter
Move on to this scooter from High Bounce. It’s super-sturdy, durable, and well worth the money.
If your kid is a beginner, he/she will surely enjoy trying them because of the double wheel in the front which is larger than the back wheel to further help with the stability.
Riding this scooter on asphalt is just like a breeze and the bounce reflex helps make riding ease over bumps and small rocks.
Transitions seamlessly from the sidewalk to the bike lane. The unit is also lightweight enough to carry when necessary over rough terrain or steps.
The biggest selling point is when riding it in the dark, the wheels light up beautifully.
- Installation is easy
- Stable & roll smoothly – wide wheels and a three-wheeled design
- Extra fun and interest while riding – light-up wheels
- No instructions
|Handlebar||Adjustable from 24” to 36”|
|Wheels||two front 4.7 inches (12CM) PU wheels wide rear 3.5 PU wheel|
|Dimensions||24 x 11.5 x 5 inches|
|Weight Capacity||132 LBS.|
|Highlight Features||wide wheels and a three-wheeled design; light-up wheels|
14. Ferrari Toddlers Scooter
I’m seriously impressed with this scooter from Ferrain because it has up to two-foot platforms. Is it flimsy? No! This model is made from high-quality nylon and iron materials featuring ABEC-7 bearings and high rebound PU wheels for fast and smooth riding.
Contrasting to my initial thought, it isn’t struggling to ride at all, if not saying that it gives extra stability to keep balance better.
For acceleration, drifting, and turning, it’s no matter.
If you want your kid to build body coordination and leg strength, this scooter will be a good trainer.
Ah, did I tell you that it was made in the USA?
- Reliable – made in the USA
- Ride fast and smoothly – ABEC-7 bearings and high rebound PU wheels
- Extra stability – Dual foot platforms
- Usually out of stock
|Wheels||High Rebound PU Wheels|
|Dimensions||76.2 x 33.3 x 22.6 cm|
|Deck||Nylon + iron|
|Weight Capacity||100 lbs.|
|Highlight Features||made in the USA; ABEC-7 bearings and high rebound PU wheels; Dual foot platforms|
15. Radio Flyer My 1st Toddlers Scooter
According to the dimensions and weight capacity, I’d like to suggest this scooter for kids of two to four years old.
It is specifically designed to help kids build up/enhance coordination and balance, perfect for novice riders. Making it different from other similar counterparts is the customized turning radius and ultra-wide base.
Besides, it is added with a footbrake for extra safety and control.
The price for this short-term used product is very affordable so parents can confidently buy it for their kids without flattening their wallets.
Notice that this scooter doesn’t come with assembly but don’t fret, it is very easy and simple to do on your own.
Overall, if you’re looking for a way to allow your kids to let off some energy and get off the couch, this is excellent.
- Ideal for toddlers from 2-4 years old – weight capacity of 50 pounds & measured by 7.87 x 12.28 x 24.01 inches
- Easy for storage – foldable handlebar
- Controllable – a footbrake
- No handlebar height adjustment
|Dimensions||7.87 x 12.28 x 24.01 inches|
|Weight Capacity||50 Pounds|
|Highlight Features||weight capacity of 50 pounds & measured by 7.87 x 12.28 x 24.01 inches; foldable handlebar|
16. Lascoota 2-in-1 Toddlers Scooter
Last but not least, we’ve got the Lascoota 2-in-1 Toddlers Scooter.
It is constructed of durable stainless steel components and aluminum alloy with a reliable brake made from durable stainless-steel ABS. As you can see, it is very sturdy and trusted that it can last years of abuse of young riders.
Compared to other counterparts at the same price point, it has a wider deck with a lower-to-the-ground design and slip-resistant surface. Therefore, it’s more stable and balanced.
What I like the most about this model is the added seat which comes in handy for too young riders. Once they grow a bit older and can keep balance better, you can detach this seat to be used as an ordinary scooter.
Along with that, you’ve got four handlebar height options. One last bonus is its wheels light up in different flashing colors, which adds a fun twist during the ride.
- Sturdy and durable – stainless steel components and aluminum alloy with a reliable brake made from durable stainless-steel ABS
- More stable and balance – a wider deck with lower-to-the-ground design
- Flexible and user-friendly – a removable seat and four height options
- A bit costly
- Quite heavy
- The included helmet isn’t quality
|Handlebar||4 adjustable height options (25.5/27.5/30.75/34 inch)|
|Wheels||PU flashing wheels|
|Dimensions||L x W x H 5.7 x 9.9 x 23.3 inches|
|Deck||stainless-steel ABS deck|
|Weight Capacity||110 lbs.|
|Highlight Features||stainless steel components and aluminum alloy with a reliable brake made from durable stainless-steel ABS; a removable seat and four height options|
The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best Scooter For Toddlers In 2022
Whenever choosing a machine for kids, always make sure it meets all the required safety standards.
In terms of scooters, they should feature an ergonomic handlebar with a widened end, moderately wide footboard for stable stance, and a good brake to stop if needed.
As toddlers keep growing fast, you should look for a scooter that is adjustable to last with them. Adjustable handlebar height is a typical example and the optimum range should be within 2.5 to 4 inches.
This term defines the distance from the ground to the footboard of a scooter, found under the term Ride Height and its measuring unit is either meters or inches.
A basic rule of thumb is the higher the footboard, the sooner the child’s legs start to feel painful, and the lower they have to squat. But a higher footboard has a huge benefit in overcoming uneven terrains.
For toddlers, they will mainly ride on flat and smooth surfaces under adult supervision so the ideal range of footboard height should be 1.5 to 2 inches.
Don’t go for anything with the footboard higher than 2.5 inches.
Can a 2-Year-Old Use a Scooter?
Yes, he/she can.
As long as a toddler can walk with a steady gait, he/she is able to use a scooter.
Which Scooter Is Best for a 3-Year-Old?
My suggestions are:
- Radio Flyer My 1st Toddlers Scooter
- Razor Jr. Folding Kiddie Toddlers Scooter
- Micro Kickboard Toddlers Scooter
- Little Tikes Toddlers Scooter
- Globber 3 Wheel Toddlers Scooter
Are Scooters Good For Toddlers?
Yes, they are.
Riding a scooter help toddlers improve leg strength, create body coordination, and balance.
What Age Can Toddlers Use a Scooter?
12 months old and older.
How Do I Choose a Kid’s Scooter?
There are several features to consider before choosing a kid’s scooter, including safety features, footboard height, and handlebar adjustment. To learn more, read my ultimate guide in the previous section.
Aside from the features I’ve listed above, make sure the scooter meets your kid’s preference and that they feel happy to ride on it. I hope this detailed and comprehensive review helps you decide which is the best scooter for toddlers. Thanks a lot for reading!
Last update on 2022-02-28 at 18:30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API