On the lookout for the best kid’s ATV that 2022 has to offer? The list of 16 outstanding options is probably what you’re after. I have evaluated each model based on my own metrics of outlooks, durability, safety, and functionality.
Whether you need one for kids of 1.5 years old or up to 14, for a tight budget or extra safety, there will be definitely at least one suitable pick for you. Read on!
- Top 16 Best Kids Atv Reviews In 2022
- 1. Razor Dirt Quad Off-Road Kids ATV
- 2. Kid Trax Spiderman Power Kids ATV
- 3. Kid Motorz Xtreme Quad Pink Kids ATV
- 4. Best Choice Products 12V Kids ATV
- 5. Power Wheels Racing Kids ATV
- 6. Power Wheels Jurassic World Dino Racer Kids ATV
- 7. XtremepowerUS Kids ATV
- 8. Razor Dirt Quad 500 DLX Kids ATV
- 9. Kaylee Kids ATV
- 10. Huffy Kids ATV
- 11. Titan Kids 24V Green Mini Quad Kids ATV
- 12. Peg Perego Polaris Outlaw Citrus Kids ATV
- 13. Sonora 24V Mini Quad Kids ATV
- 14. Suzuki Quad 12 Volt Kids ATV
- 15. Superrio Monster-G Kids ATV
- Ihubdeal Kid Electric Ride-On Kids ATV
- The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best Kids Atv In 2022
Top 16 Best Kids Atv Reviews In 2022
1. Razor Dirt Quad Off-Road Kids ATV
The Razor Dirt Quad Off-Road Kids ATV is a great starter quad for those kids who are too old for power wheels but too young for a gas-powered quad.
It is constructed of a steel frame, tube bumpers, rear shock, disc brakes, and more. The most outstanding feature is its 350W motor, powered by two 12V batteries for a max speed of 8MPH within 40 minutes of runtime. Very powerful and fast for a battery power quad.
Particularly, the tires are real. In combination with coil shock and terrain-tracing droop-travel rear suspension, it can accommodate a max load of 120 pounds over grass and bumps with no problems.
If you’re concerned about its assembly. This kid’s ATV comes in 95% pre-assembled, the remaining task is just to bolt on the handlebars and done.
- Sturdy and durable – steel frame, tube bumpers, rear shock, disc brakes
- Run fast and powerfully – 8MPH & a 350W motor
- Long runtime – up to 40 minutes
- Able to ride over bumps and grass smoothly – real tires, coil shock, and terrain-tracing droop-travel rear suspension
- Not reverse
|Dimensions||43″ L x 24″ W x 31″ H|
|Wheels||13″ pneumatic knobby tires|
|Weight Capacity||120 lbs.|
|Max speed||8 mph|
|Highlight features||steel frame, tube bumpers, rear shock, disc brakes; 8MPH & a 350W motor; 40-minute runtime; real tires, coil shock, and terrain-tracing droop-travel rear suspension|
2. Kid Trax Spiderman Power Kids ATV
This kid’s ATV is specifically designed for smaller kids within 3-5 years old or as long as they weigh no heavier than 60 pounds.
It’s cool, outstanding, and fun to use – equipped with horns sounds, and real LED headlights. The authentic engine, durable tires, and practical rear food pedals allow it to move around smoothly.
At a full charge, it can give you a max speed of 2.5 MPH and the biggest selling point is it’s able to go forward and reverse for tricky turnarounds in cramped spaces.
The battery is beefy and lasts for 30 minutes of playtime.
One thing to take note of is that this model requires a bit more assembly tasks than the Razor Dirt Quad above. Don’t worry, the instructions are easy to follow and it just takes you 15-30 minutes for assembling.
- Fun to ride – added with horns sounds and real LED headlights
- Smooth riding experience – authentic engine, durable tires, and practical rear food pedals
- Allow for tricky turnarounds in cramped spaces – forward and reverse speeds
- Not able to climb hills
- Wish two wheels had power going to them instead of only one
|Dimensions||34.75 x 24.5 x 31.75 inches|
|Wheels||battery-powered set of wheels|
|Max speed||2.5 MPH forward and reverse|
|Highlight features||added with horns sounds, and real LED headlights; authentic engine, durable tires, and practical rear food pedals; forward and reverse speeds|
3. Kid Motorz Xtreme Quad Pink Kids ATV
This is a great choice for parents who want a simple ATV for their kid to press the go pedal with just the forward motion instead of learning a reverse mode also.
Compared to the previous models, it is rather lightweight that an adult can easily lift it up and move around. That said, it feels very sturdy and supportive. I do appreciate the built-in steering mechanism for ease of operation.
The weight capacity of this ATV is 66 pounds and it can reach a max speed of 1.5MPH – which is not too fast for a 2- to 3-year-old kid and parents can walk along with them.
For those who are wondering, this unit is powered by a 6V battery and it’s chargeable. Under a full charge, it can run continuously within 30 minutes as maximum.
- Stylish and cool – realistic motorcycle dashboard decals and nice colorway
- Simple for toddlers to use – press-and-go pedal with only forward motion
- Great maneuverability – lightweight and compact
- Easy to operate – built-in steering mechanism
- Not ideal for streets and sidewalks
- Poor instructions
- Tires are a bit slick
|Dimensions||32.28″ L x 19.69″ W x 25.20″ H.|
|Wheels||Hard plastic wheels|
|Weight Capacity||66 lbs.|
|Max speed||1.5 mph|
|Highlight features||realistic motorcycle dashboard decals; press-and-go pedal with only forward motion; built-in steering mechanism|
4. Best Choice Products 12V Kids ATV
This “beast” would be a big hit for your little boy on his birthday. Look at that stylish and rugged design! An all-black design with real LED headlights, big, treaded wheels, and radio input.
A big plus for the additional, comfortable backrest.
Moreover, it gives the rider a functional foot pedal accelerator that can move forward and reverse with a max speed of 3.7MPH and two-speed options.
Easy to guess, this ATV is heavy but that will be a good choice for parents who want extra safety for their kids because such extra heft allows the unit to run more stably with no ease of falling over. Besides, it is beefy enough to handle more terrains.
According to its recommended maximum weight capacity and dimensions, I suggest this ATV for kids from 3 years old and up.
- Perfect for boys – stylish and rugged design with real LED headlights, big, treaded wheels, and radio input
- Extra comfort – backrest
- Safer to use – 3.7MPH max speed, two-speed options, and a heavy base for balance
- The handle construction isn’t really ergonomic
- Plastic pieces are brittle
|Dimensions||39.5″(L) x 26″(W) x 29.5″(H);|
|Wheels||LARGE TREADED WHEELS:|
|Weight Capacity||66 lbs.|
|Highlight features||stylish and rugged design with real LED headlights, big, treaded wheels, and radio input; a backrest; 3.7MPH max speed, two-speed options|
5. Power Wheels Racing Kids ATV
This “animal” – with an emphasis on Power-Lock brakes, Parent-controlled lockout, and durable construction – is perfect to conquer those wet grass and hard surfaces. It is powerful, sturdy, and reliable with full of control for parents, and fun for kids to ride.
A huge bonus is there are two forward speeds and one reverse speed in this model with a maximum speed of 6MPH. The control panel is also simple to use: Red button to reverse, Yellow to go slower, and Green to drive at full speed.
In terms of safety, parents can rest assured as it’s passed all safety standards tested independently by Fisher-Price Play Lab.
Overall, the Power Wheels Racing Kids ATV is a good companion for those kids who have been always dreaming of cool “off-road” racing adventures of their backyard.
- Able to go over wet grass and hard surfaces – Power-Lock brakes, Parent-controlled lockout, and durable construction
- Full of control – two forward speeds and one reverse speed
- Dependable – tested by Fisher-Price Play Lab for durability and safety
- The rear axle is too long
- There is also a little slack in the back axle
|Dimensions||45.75 x 30 x 31.57 inches|
|Weight Capacity||65 lbs. (29.5 kg)|
|Max speed||3 and 6 mph forward 3 mph reverse|
|Highlight features||Power-Lock brakes, Parent-controlled lockout, and durable construction; two forward speeds and one reverse speed; tested by Fisher-Price Play Lab for durability and safety|
6. Power Wheels Jurassic World Dino Racer Kids ATV
If your kid is a big fan of dinosaurs, this is a perfect gift to surprise them.
Regardless of design, it has many similar features to the previous sibling, such as the Power-Lock brake system, high-speed lockout, and powered by a 12V battery. They all help kids to drive around with not just fun but also safety.
It rides powerfully through grass, up hills, and the battery handles the trips you make, which is very similar to a tiny 4-wheeler.
The installation isn’t really a matter. As the instructions are handy, it is not that hard at all to do it if you do not have anyone to help you.
Parents take note that it comes with only one forward speed of 6MPH in addition to a 3MPH reverse. But after testing, I find such speeds are reasonable for parent-controlled without going too slow.
- Good for kids who love dinosaurs – open & close Blue’s mouth
- Powerful and fun – able to go up hills, through the grass with ease
- Easy assembly – readable instructions
- The buttons could be higher quality
|Dimensions||47.24 x 30.71 x 32.68 inches|
|Weight Capacity||65 lbs.|
|Max speed||6 mph forward, 3 mph in reverse|
|Highlight features||open & close Blue’s mouth dinosaur design; easy to assemble|
7. XtremepowerUS Kids ATVNo products found.
This model is a bit bigger than the previous model with dimensions of 43.3″ x 25.6″ x 22.8″, which is ideal for older kids (6 years old and older) or as long as they’re under 165 pounds in weight.
The twist-styled handlebars are attached to the accelerator for ease of use and the chain drive system allows your kid to ride with more reliability.
It features a powerful 350W motor and a 24V battery, which gives a max speed of up to 12 MPH. There are two-speed options – 6MPH and 12MPH – to control.
Out of a bunch, this model is also the fastest ATV for kids that I’ve tested so the added disc brakes for a quick stop is really appreciated.
- Durable and sturdy – max weight load of 165 pounds
- Give a sense of real ATV – twist-styled handlebars, forward and reverse function, 12MPH max speed, and chain drive system
- Safe – disc brakes
- Not for sale in California
- Charge time is a bit long
|Dimensions||43.3″ x 25.6″ x 22.8″ (L x W x H)|
|Weight Capacity||165 lbs.|
|Max speed||6mph, 12mph|
|Highlight features||The max weight load of 165 pounds; twist-styled handlebars, forward and reverse function, 12MPH max speed, and chain drive system; disc brakes|
8. Razor Dirt Quad 500 DLX Kids ATV
The Razor Dirt Quad 500 DLX Kids ATV is a muscular model that can handle rugged off-road terrain with no issues. The constructions of this quad are similar to a real ATV but just slower and lighter to ensure safety for young riders.
It features a self-adjusting chain-driven, high-torque gear set, and a 500W engine, along with soft rubber grips, rear suspension, adjustable riser handlebars, and more.
For extra safety, it is built with a rear disc brake and twist-grip throttle control.
As powered by three 12V batteries, it’s obviously stronger and lasts longer, up to one hour of constant use. Based on such highlight features, I’d like to suggest it only for teenagers aging 14 and up. Its recommended weight capacity is 220 pounds.
- Able to tackle rugged off-road terrain – built with self-adjusting chain-driven, high-torque gear set, and a 500W engine
- Safe and secure – a rear disc brake and twist-grip throttle control
- Last longer – up to 60 minutes
- Does rattle a lot
- No reverse
|Dimensions||50.4 x 28.7 x 31.9 inches|
|Wheels||steel wheels with front and rear-specific|
|Weight Capacity||220 pounds.|
|Max speed||15-20 mph|
|Highlight features||built with self-adjusting chain-driven, high-torque gear set, and a 500W engine; a rear disc brake and twist-grip throttle control|
9. Kaylee Kids ATVNo products found.
This Kaylee is a perfect ride-on ATV for kids within 2-5 years old to fight crime.
It is lightweight enough for parents to lift and move around with ease, and yet, heavy enough for stability to keep your kid safely driving around. The ATV bolds four durable tough traction tires that can hold up well on various terrains.
A well-contoured seat with an ergonomic shape for extra comfort is a big plus. This ATV is powered by a 6V battery, charging for around eight hours for constant use of 45 minutes.
At the max speed, it is able to reach 2MPH. I also like the dual-function button for forwarding and backward riding. Very easy to use and good parent-controlled!
- Stylish and catchy
- Able to tackle different terrains – four durable tough traction tires
- Comfortable to ride – well-contoured seat
- Too many plastics & they’re brittle
|Dimensions||27.99 x 17.99 x 15 inches|
|Max speed||2 mph|
|Highlight features||four durable tough traction tires; well-contoured seat;|
10. Huffy Kids ATV
This line comes in a wide range of designs but this one is the most favorite as (according to many kids I’ve asked) it looks like a bigger version of a Lego kid’s ATV toy, which is exciting to drive on.
For kids within 1.5 to 3 years old, 90% of them love it.
Not just the fantastic looking, this design also provides motor sounds and horn to feel more like a real ATV.
The biggest selling point about it is you can either attach two AA batteries into it to work as a battery-powered quad or detach them for an ordinary balance bike/tricycle. That means this product is not just fun to drive but also allows kids to exercise.
There are twist-and-turn attachments as well to help build memories for kids by customizing their ride on.
- Attractive and exciting – good colorway and look like the big version of a LEGO kid’s ATV toy
- Fun to use – added with motor sounds and horn
- Multifunctional – able to use it with or without batteries
- Wish it was more durable
|Dimensions||20.9 x 10.8 x 15.6 inches|
|Weight Capacity||50 lbs.|
|Max speed||2 mph|
|Highlight features||Fantastic design; motor sounds and horn; able to use it with or without batteries|
11. Titan Kids 24V Green Mini Quad Kids ATV
The Titan Kids 24V Green Mini Quad Kids ATV is a great chance for kids to get involved in sports as well as have fun outdoors. It looks cool and is durable enough to tackle phenomenally well on backyards and driveways with safety.
A huge compliment for the ultra-large 13” knobby pneumatic tires for superior shock absorption to other counterparts.
In fact, it can drive through dirt trails and bumps smoothly.
I also like the added dual brakes and dual suspensions to this kid’s ATV, which is for extra safety and protection. The unit provides young riders with two-speed modes – 5MPH and 10MPH – but parents can rest assured that they’re still under control.
There are also some additional add-ons for fun, such as forward and reverse speeds, battery meter, and headlight.
- Powerful enough to tackle most terrains – durable frame, heavy base & ultra-large 13” knobby pneumatic tires
- Extra safety and protection – added dual brakes and dual suspensions
- Fun but still parent-controlled – two-speed options that are key-powered
- Not variety in color options
- No refund warranty
|Wheels||large 13-inch knobby pneumatic tires|
|Weight Capacity||150 lbs.|
|Max speed||5 & 10 MPH|
|Highlight features||durable frame, heavy base & ultra-large 13” knobby pneumatic tires; added dual brakes and dual suspensions; two-speed options that are parental controlled by keys|
12. Peg Perego Polaris Outlaw Citrus Kids ATV
For those gusty girls who love having fun, they will surely get thrilled with the Peg Perego Polaris Outlaw Citrus Kids ATV. It looks girly yet cool, which will definitely be the hottest ride around the neighborhood.
There are many color options to choose from, each of which is built with true-to-life details (such as fenders, shocks, and so on), making it feel more like a real ATV.
Like the majority of other counterparts in this list, it is battery-powered and this battery is rechargeable for eco-friendlier use. At a full charge, it is able to reach a max speed of 5MPH.
There also comes with a 2.5MPH reverse speed option for extra safety. The wheels are what I’d like to talk about the most as they’re big, reliable, and smooth to roll over uneven terrains, keeping kids always safe.
With this model, I suggest for young riders under 85 pounds (equivalent to 3 to 7 years old).
- Look character and standout – nice colorway plus true to life details
- Controllable yet fun to ride – two-speed settings and a max speed of 5MPH
- Roll smoothly – big all-terrain wheels
- The rubber tracks for the tires could be better
- Unclear instructions
- Loud whining sound
|Dimensions||25 x 27.75 x 29.5 pounds|
|Runtime||45 minutes to 2 hours|
|Max speed||2-1/2 – 5 mph|
|Highlight features||nice colorway plus true to life details; two-speed settings and a max speed of 5MPH; big all-terrain wheels|
13. Sonora 24V Mini Quad Kids ATV
Last but not least, the Sonora 24V Mini Quad Kids ATV is very worth considering because of its impressive outlook and also quality build.
It is constructed of a 350W engine and two 12V batteries that require at least 4 hours of charging time for a full constant ride of 2 hours. The maximum speed this kid’s ATV can reach is 10MPH, under parent-controlled by keys.
Compared to other similar counterparts, it is stronger, more powerful, and durable. In fact, it can accommodate a maximum weight of 150 pounds.
I also love that it comes with a safety footswitch and two-speed options (one forward and one backward). Overall, there’s hardly a serious complaint about it.
- Able to ride at 10MPH with a max runtime of 2 hours – a 350W engine and two 12V batteries
- Strong and powerful – weight capacity of 150 pounds
- Wish the seat sat up another inch or two
|Dimensions||40.8 x 23.8 x 20.7 inches|
|Runtime||45 minutes to 2 hours|
|Weight Capacity||150 lbs.|
|Max speed||5 & 10 MPH (parental speed control by key)|
|Highlight features||a 350W engine and two 12V batteries; weight capacity of 150 pounds|
14. Suzuki Quad 12 Volt Kids ATV
The Suzuki Quad 12 Volt Kids ATV is measured by 20” x 29.5” x 41.5”, weighing 74 pounds and powered by a 12V battery. It is hefty yet well-balanced for toddlers to drive around with safety.
With no compromise of speeds for the fun driving experience, it gives you two options – one forward mode of 5 MPH and one 2.5MPH reverse.
I really like the megatrends knobby tires and functional handles for extra control while parents feel more peace in mind when letting their kid drive it in the backyard.
There are also QuadRacer sound controls for extra interest as well as the authentic Suzuki graphics to make the ATV cooler.
- Provide good balance – measured by 20” x 29.5” x 41.5” & weight of 74 pounds
- Fun to drive – two-speed options, megatredz knobby tires, QuadRacer sound controls, and QuadRacer sound controls
- A bit heavy to lift it up
|Dimensions||41.5 x 29.5 x 20.0 inches|
|Max speed||2.5 mph to 5 mph|
|Highlight features||measured by 20” x 29.5” x 41.5” & weight of 74 pounds; two-speed options, megatredz knobby tires, QuadRacer sound controls, and QuadRacer sound controls|
15. Superrio Monster-G Kids ATVNo products found.
Unlike other kid’s ATVs at the same price point, the Superrio Monster-G comes up with a solid frame made of high-strength steel with decent toughness and durability. I believe that during the test of time, this can hold up excellently well.
Moreover, it is backed by a 3-month engine warranty provided by the manufacturer so you can rest assured to try it.
This kid’s ATV is a gas-powered model featuring a 40cc engine that can reach a max speed of 24MPH, making it the fastest option out of a bunch.
For safety, it is equipped with a clip-on kill switch to use during emergencies and a throttle regulator for better control ability.
- Really fast – powered by a 40cc engine for speed ranges of 21-24 MPH
- Controllable and safe – a clip-on kill switch and a throttle regulator
- Reliable – backed by a 3-month engine guarantee
- Heavier than other counterparts
|Wheels||4 plastic wheels|
|Max speed||21mph to 24mph.|
|Highlight features||a 40cc engine for speed ranges of 21-24 MPH; a clip-on kill switch and a throttle regulator|
Ihubdeal Kid Electric Ride-On Kids ATV
The Ihubdeal Kid Electric Ride-On Kids ATV is measured by 31”x32”x46” with a maximum loading weight of 66 pounds. It is perfect for young riders from 3 to 8 years old for an easy quad riding experience.
It is powered up by a 12V battery, offering two-speed options with no reverse ability for those parents who want the simplest ATV driving for their kids.
The wheels are another notable feature with an emphasis on threaded design, meaning that they’re able to ride over grass and dirt terrain with great grips. Along with the functional handlebars, it is very easy to change the directions.
The biggest selling point is it’s built with an MP3 input for kids to enjoy their favorite songs.
Constructed with acceleration pedals, it is better to control. Meanwhile, the additional horn, realistic engine sound, and real LED headlights give extra fun to enjoy the ride.
- Allow for an easy quad riding experience – 66-pound max loading weight & measured by 31”x32”x46”
- Able to ride over grass and dirt terrain with great grips – threaded wheels
- Easy to change the directions – functional handlebars and two-speed options
- Allow for enjoying favorite music – an MP3 input
- Not really strong and powerful
|Dimensions||46” x 32” x 31”|
|Weight Capacity||66 pounds|
|Highlight features||66-pound max loading weight & measured by 31”x32”x46”; threaded wheels; an MP3 input|
The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best Kids Atv In 2022
Electric or Gas Powered?
Also, these are the two major types of kid’s ATV engine on the market and the choice of this element will decide on how safe and joyful your kids are when they drive on it.
In comparison, the electric-powered engine is a lot slower and flimsier than the gas, making it super-suitable for kids under 6 years old. The max speed that an ordinary electric kid’s ATV can reach is around 3MPH to 6MPH.
Once your kids grow up and they are ready to try out the motorsport world, it’s time to level up to a gas-powered model.
The average speed ranges of this engine type are within 20MPH to 30MPH.
Dimensions & Weight
Both weight and the weight capacity of a kid’s ATV are important.
While weight capacity is obviously relative to the unit’s strength and its ability to accommodate a person, the weight indicator gets a close connection to the rider’s safety.
Why? Because it’s the key feature for your kid to be able or unable to shift the machine’s weight from side-to-side. If the kid is too lightweight for the ATV, it’s struggling to shift whereas a too heavy rider will take risks of falling off the machine.
A safe choice is that your kid’s weight should not be 3-4 times lighter than the ATVs.
Besides, make sure their feet reach properly to the pedals as well as their hands can hold the handlebars comfortably, even when turning it to the left or right.
There also should be at least three inches of clearance between the kid’s pants and the seat once they stand on the ATV pedals with the hands-on handlebars.
Here are the safety features highly recommended to have in any kid’s ATV:
- Great quality brakes and shocks
- Visible, bright front, and rear lights
- Good-traction with well-threaded patterned tires for grips
- Keyed ignition switch
- Parent-controlled speed limiter
Who Makes The Best Youth ATV?
From my experience, here are the most reliable brands for youth ATV:
- Best Choice Products
What Size ATV Should I Buy For My Child?
For kids under 6 years old, I suggest choosing an electric/battery-powered ATV. Once they get older, like 6 to 11 years old, a model featuring a 70cc engine is a good choice.
Teenagers aged from 12 to 15 should go for a 75-90cc engine ATV.
What Is a Good ATV for a 5-Year-Old?
My suggestions are:
- Kid Trax Spiderman Power Kids ATV
- Best Choice Products 12V Kids ATV
- Kaylee Kids ATV
- Titan Kids 24V Green Mini Quad Kids ATV
Does Polaris Use Rotax Engines?
No, it doesn’t.
How Fast Will a 50cc ATV Go?
30MPH as the maximum speed without a factory speed restrictor. A modified model can reach up to 40MPH.
The last thing I’d like to say is that these kids’ ATVs absolutely weren’t picked randomly from the market. They are the results of me meticulously researching them to talk to as many industry experts as I could for the most informed opinions about construction and design.
I hope with this ultimate buying guide, you’ll know a thing or two about how to choose the best kid’s ATV for your young riders.
Last update on 2022-02-28 at 18:30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API