Looking to satisfy your skating hobby for the world’s best inline skates? I’ve got your back! The post today is going to walk you through the 16 top options that I’ve tested, analyzed, and rounded up from over 45 models out there.
Some of them are also highly suggested by many skate experts – also are my friends, so you can keep trusting on my picks.
Without further ado, let’s dive right in!
- Top 16 Best Inline Skates Reviews In 2022
- 1. Rollerblade Maxxum 100 Inline Skates
- 2. Rollerblade Astro 50 Men’s Fitness Inline Skates
- 3. High Bounce Adjustable Inline Skates
- 4. K2 Sports Men’s Moto 84 Inline Skates
- 5. Rollerblade Spitfire XT Boy’s Inline Skates
- 6. K2 Skate VO2 90 Pro Inline Skates
- 7. Rollerblade Twister 80 Twincam ILQ 7 Plus Inline Skates
- 8. Rollerblade Zetrablade Performance Inline Skates
- 9. Bladerunner Rollerblade Advantage Pro XT Women’s Inline Skates
- 10. Rollerblade Twister 80 Men’s Inline Skates
- 11. LIKU Professional Inline Skates
- 12. Bladerunner Rollerblade Advantage Pro XT Men’s Inline Skates
- 13. K2 Skate Men’s Kinetic 80 Inline Skates
- 14. VNLA Carbon Speed Inline Skates
- 15. 5th Element ST-80 Inline Skates
- 16. LIKU Unisex Fitness Inline Skates
- The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best Inline Skates Reviews In 2022
Top 16 Best Inline Skates Reviews In 2022
1. Rollerblade Maxxum 100 Inline Skates
Out of a bunch, I can confirm that the Rollerblade Maxxum 100 Inline Skate has the best combination of speed and control based on its ingenious idea of the wheelbase.
It is ultra-long to make the skating more stable and also results in bigger wheels than 85mm with 85A durometer. They handle uneven surfaces, debris, and rocks phenomenally well with no issues. You can even jump on and off curbs or ride it on canals 3-4 miles confidently.
Of course, if you’re new to this ultra-big wheel and longer wheelbase, it will take a bit of getting used to them.
But I assure you, after this time period, you’ll very maneuverable in them and am comfortable on most bike paths. It is secure with no binding or pinching.
Now, “when am I ready for this investment?”. My suggestion is after you’re leisurely passing bike riders with ease or at the top of your game in recreational skating.
- Give decent forward flex and versatility – a V-cut shaped cuff
- Skate smoothly & 100mm & 90mm/85A WHEELS – shock absorber in the heel
- Go fast – SG9 bearings spin
- The laces don’t seem to tighten the hard boot
|Frame||EXTRUDED ALUMINUM FRAME 310mm/12.2″|
|Wheels||HIGH-QUALITY HYDROGEN 100mm & 90mm/85A WHEELS|
|Bearings||SG9 bearings spin|
|Highlight Features||V-cut shaped cuff, shock absorber in the heel; 100mm & 90mm/85A WHEELS; SG9 bearings spin|
2. Rollerblade Astro 50 Men’s Fitness Inline Skates
The Rollerblade Astro 50 Men’s Fitness Inline Skates highlight a new shell that is ultralight than the ordinary models. This makes the skates decently supportive, breathable, and comfortable for all levels – from beginners to pros.
Besides, it features 80mm 82A wheels paired with SG7 bearings (equivalent to ABEC7 in skateboarding).
If you’re just a novice, it’s possible to switch to bigger wheels – up to 84mm – for extra stability and balance. The skates themselves also have an adjustable brake allowing for extended use of brake pad.
But in case you want to detach them, there is an extra axle included. One last bonus is this model comes with training fit liner to surely hug nicely your feet for the best comfort.
If you’re wondering, they feature an adjustable locking buckle and power strap for souped-up fitting.
- Ultra-lightweight – made of new aluminum shell
- Skate smoothly and fast – SG7 bearings and 80mm 82A wheels
- Customizable – adjustable locking buckle, power strap, removable brake pad, and more
- Too little information on Amazon
- Out of stock usually
|Wheels||Alu-Tech Frame – 84mm Max Wheels|
|Highlight Features||Alu-Tech Frame; 80mm 82A Wheels; Adjustable Brake; Extra Axle|
3. High Bounce Adjustable Inline Skates
The High Bounce Adjustable Inline Skates give a good fit for big-footed young riders.
Despite the low price, they seem to be well-made and sturdy that can handle versatile types of riding, like in the parks, outside on the sideways, or in the house.
And as specifically designed for 10-year-old kids or younger, the skates are leveraged in the inner lining with adjustable rollerblades to make sure they’ll be with them for years come with the best comfort.
In other words, it fits securely and keeps the feet from moving when skating but still gives you some wiggle room.
Speaking about the riding experience, it is smooth, not too fast, which is great for basics. If you’re a woman who is finding inline skates for exercise, this pair is also wonderful.
Its look is a bonus. The black and pink are very harmonious and beautiful enough for girls but not too girly.
- Ideal for big-footed young riders – adjustable rollerblades
- Good for women to exercise – ride not too fast and full of control
- Comfortable yet good fitting – still give you wiggle room but fit securely without moving the feet around when skating
- Affordable – the price tag is under $60
- The tongue comes out all the way and hard to tug it into the skates
- The strap could be more quality
- Difficult to find replacement wheels
|Frame||Frame made of Reinforced Nylon|
|Wheels||Super smooth Gel Wheels|
|Highlight Features||adjustable rollerblades; ABEC 5 bearings; priced under $60|
4. K2 Sports Men’s Moto 84 Inline Skates
Speaking of smooth and comfortable skates, the K2 Sports Men’s Moto is hard to beat.
It emphasizes ultra-big 84mm wheels with a max size of 90mm and a new lightweight freedom cuff. As the wheels are large, their shock absorption capabilities are superb, meaning that these skates can’t be disturbed by cracks or small rocks.
On the other hand, the medium-sized die-cast aluminum frame adds to the boots extra stability so that the rider can keep balance like a champ as well as roll more confidently.
The lightness of this special frame also helps the skates themselves be easier to get up the hills.
An extra compliment for the nice square cut out in its frame to hold the bolt as this allows the wheels to easily rotate. What I appreciate the most about this pair is its ventilation system. Despite the thick inner padding, it is very breathable and not sweaty, even after miles of skating.
- Ride smoothly and good shock absorption – ultra-big 84mm wheels with the max size of 90mm
- Comfortable and stable – new lightweight freedom cuff & medium-sized die-cast aluminum frame
- Breathable – good ventilation system
- Not true to size, you should get them at least half a size larger
|Frame||V02 Aluminum frame|
|Highlight Features||ILQ7 Bearings; 84mm 80A wheels/Max size 90mm; Die-Cast Aluminum frame; NEW Freedom cuff|
5. Rollerblade Spitfire XT Boy’s Inline Skates
These skates receive lots of compliments from customers for its well-made construction and durability. So, under lots of aggressive riding, it is able to hold up well and last you a lifetime.
The adjustability is a bonus, making it versatile to fit more people at wider age ranges, like toddlers, fat-footed kids, and teenagers. Besides, the skate is easy to put on and feel comfortable.
I particularly like the low balance structure in combination with the brakes. This perfect combo allows kids to keep balance and control better. Additionally, it has SG3 bearings, which are very slow and safe for avid riders to start with.
About the wheels, some parents assume the 72mm wheels are too small but I think they are just comparing these with the adult wheel standards. For young riders, this is arguably a good size to roll smoothly yet stable.
So, if you also feel confused about this issue, now, just rest the heart.
- Durable – the shell is made of high-grade materials
- Provide extra stability and controllability – the low balance structure
- Good for avid young riders – SG3 bearings
- Brake is hard to remove
|Highlight Features||High-quality shell; low balance structure; SG3 bearings|
6. K2 Skate VO2 90 Pro Inline Skates
Similar to its previous sibling, the K2 VO2 90 Pro Inline Skates get tons of compliments from customers for their extraordinary comfort and fitting. If your feet usually feel painful and ached when using other brands, this won’t be a thing.
Another notable thing about these boots is the fast riding experience, all thanks to the ILQ 9 bearings and lightweight aluminum x-training frame.
Regardless, it doesn’t compromise of smooth feeling when riding over cracks, rocks, or debris. The wheels of these skates are 90Mm 83a wheels, which is very large and relatively soft for decent impact resistance.
I also love the quick lace system so anytime putting on/take off these shoes, they don’t take me youth anymore.
The final bonus is its durable construction, which shows clearly through the wheels of mine after several weeks of skating. It is very minimal.
- Comfort and smooth – ultra-big, soft wheels, and good internal padding
- Ride fast – the ILQ 9 bearings
- Easy to get up the hills – lightweight aluminum x-training frame
- Simple to put on/take off – quick lace system
- The clip at the top is a little hard to get tight
- The brake is too high for some people and can’t be adjusted
|Frame||aluminum x-training frame.|
|Wheels||90Mm 83a wheels|
|Bearings||ILQ 9 bearings|
|Highlight Features||ultra-big, soft wheels; good internal padding; ILQ 9 bearings; aluminum x-training frame; quick lace system|
7. Rollerblade Twister 80 Twincam ILQ 7 Plus Inline Skates
The Rollerblade Twister 80 Twincam ILQ 7 Plus Inline Skates are super-high-quality and a steal at this price.
The twin-cam ist Plus skate bearings and 4x80mm 85a supreme wheels in addition to the new hot rod extruded aluminum frame make it highly maneuverable. As a result, it is great for high-speed riding or fast turns, fast skating.
Fans of these skates also praised it for the wonderful shock-absorbing materials and heat-moldable foams.
With them, you will get the most precise fit and can ride on almost surfaces, not only streets but also cracks and bumps.
The last thing I’d like to talk about is its iconic rib molded design. With some sophisticated details on an all-black background, it gives a cool touch with a delicate feeling, which is definitely ideal for men or character girls.
A note is choosing one size larger for the best fit.
- Good fitting and great impact resistance – wonderful shock-absorbing materials and heat-moldable foams
- Good for fast turns and skating – The twincam ilq-t Plus skate bearings and four unique wheelers
- A little light on the arches if you have wide feet
- Not ideal for newbies
|Frame||extruded aluminum frame|
|Wheels||4x80mm 85a supreme wheels|
|Bearings||twincam ilq-t Plus skate bearings|
|Highlight Features||shock-absorbing materials and heat-moldable foams; twincam ilq-t Plus skate bearings and 4x80mm 85a supreme wheels|
8. Rollerblade Zetrablade Performance Inline Skates
For beginner skaters, the Rollerblade Zetrablade is awesome.
It is very comfortable and secure to the feet while skating. The fit is precise and there is no slipping at the heel, yet, you’ll get a bit of wiggle room in the toes.
Once tightening down the straps correctly, the ankle support is 10/10. During doing the long-distance skate, they didn’t cause blisters on my feet or chafing on the ankle portion.
Rollerblade Zetrablade is constructed from SG5 sealed bearings, a durable, monocoque frame with lowered balance design, and 80mm 82A wheels.
Such hardness is ideal for learning to power slide and durability to show just minor wear under harsh abuse, like riding over plenty of those bumpy tiles at street crossings or extremely bumpy and choppy cement with big cracks and rocks.
Additional, the boot is light and maneuverable while the ride is smooth.
- Good fitting – go true to the size and provide a bit of wiggle room in the toes
- Durable wheels – able to handle tough abuse with minimal wear
- Wonderful ankle support
- The buckle could be a little bit better quality
- Don’t have rock-able wheels
|Wheels||Rollerblade 80mm/82A wheels|
|Highlight Features||80mm/82A wheels; durable, monocoque frame;|
9. Bladerunner Rollerblade Advantage Pro XT Women’s Inline Skates
Whether you’re a novice rider or a woman who is finding a good way to exercise and fitness, the Bladerunner Rollerblade Advantage Pro XT Women’s Inline Skates are all a great choice.
It doesn’t go too fast like those skates for racing, but still gives you a good speed with less effort cruising. Besides, the durable, lightweight aluminum frame delivers souped-up stability and foot support.
With the padded liner combining with adjustable locking buckles and straps, it is also easy to give your feet the best fitting with no compromising on comfort.
Additionally, such ease of adjusting allows you to wear these boots faster than other brands. From my test, it only takes around 7-8 minutes to finish while other pairs will be within 12-15 minutes.
Stability, control, and comfort, if these are the two biggest concerns of yours when looking for inline skates, look for further.
- Allow for riding effortlessly at a good speed – 80mm wheels and ABEC 7 bearings
- Ideal for fitness and exercise – composite frame
- A bit narrower wiggle room
|Bearings||ABEC 7 bearings|
|Highlight Features||80mm wheels and ABEC 7 bearings; composite frame|
10. Rollerblade Twister 80 Men’s Inline Skates
I love the Rollerblade Twister 80 Men’s Inline Skates!
The quality is excellent and for the price, this is something exceptional. Its extra ankle strap gives me top-notch support around the ankle.
As the fitting is quite snug, the shoe offers extra support and security. It ensures that you will have the optimal performance to weave in/out busy foot traffic.
I’d like to give a particular compliment to the Vented Shell as it helps keep you cool and feel a lot more comfortable, especially when skating under sunlight or during the summer.
Again, the same old issue is these skates don’t go true to the size so if possible try on the first or go up a half size to your normal shoe size.
In a nutshell, this will be a versatile choice if you’re in need of a skate that’s comfy, fast, and tough to ride between obstacles through the park or on the street.
- Top-notch support around the ankle – extra ankle strap
- Easy to weave in/out a busy footed traffic – snug fit and great secure design
- Cool and breathable – the Vented Shell
- Maximize mobility and speed – The Hot Rod Aluminum Frame
- Not go true to size
|Frame||Hot rod extruded, Alu 4 x 80 243mm|
|Wheels||Supreme 4 x 80 mm/85 A|
|Bearings||Twincam ILQ – 7 Plus|
|Highlight Features||extra ankle strap; snug fit and great secure design; the Vented Shell; The Hot Rod Aluminum Frame|
11. LIKU Professional Inline Skates
If you are having a hard time finding rollerblades at the stores nearby, the LIKU Professional Inline Skates are a great alternative.
They are pretty smooth and comfortable that you’ll not get any blisters or chafing during new skates. The whole construction seems to be of high quality and the style is very iconic.
My most favorite about this model is its brake which allows for putting on or taking off easily whenever I want. On the other hand, it gives you triple protection, including a lace closure system, strap, and safety buckle to give extra wrapping effect.
The biggest selling point is you can remove its internal lining for simple maintenance after the skate.
A plus for its ease of installation. Unlike some other brands that you commonly feel struggled to put them together, this is an incredible exception, especially at the price point.
- Easy to put on/take off
- Extra protection – lace closure system, strap, and safety buckle
- Simple to clean – removable liner
- A little tight around my ankles
- Not ideal for large hills
- The brake could be better
|Frame||One-piece CNC Frame|
|Wheels||76-80-80-76 mm PU wheels|
|Highlight Features||High-Quality Bearing; Durable Shoes Shell; Removable Lining|
12. Bladerunner Rollerblade Advantage Pro XT Men’s Inline Skates
At an incredibly low price, the Bladerunner Rollerblade Advantage Pro XT Men’s Inline Skates are best for people on a tight budget. They’re also suggested for novice skaters as well due to their excellent stability, controllable, and comfortable performance.
That is a big thank you to the durable composite frame design pairing with shock-absorbent padded liner and supportive shell.
Another highlight is the simple closure system, consisting of the strap, lace, and buckles, which makes the skate more protective as well as fits better to the rider’s feet.
In terms of the riding experience, this is no different than the Bladerunner Rollerblade for Women, which requires really less effort while gliding.
For beginners, the ABEC 7 bearings and 80mm wheels are a great stop because they are not too slow or too fast while giving a very good balance to roll with confidence.
- Stable, controllable, and comfy – durable composite frame design, padded liner, & supportive shell
- More protective – simple closure system
- A bit less ankle support
- Not look fashionable
|Bearings||ABEC 7 bearings|
|Highlight Features||BLADERUNNER WHEELS; COMPOSITE FRAME; SUPPORTIVE SHELL|
13. K2 Skate Men’s Kinetic 80 Inline Skates
If you’re a big fan of those skates with a traditional lacing system, I greatly recommend the K2 Skate Men’s Kinetic 80 Inline Skates. This old-school design is never defeated due to its extraordinary fitting customization.
Regardless, there are many other outstanding features to talk about this skate. Such as the plus cuff, ABEC-5 bearings, 80mm wheels, and F.B.I. Skate Frame.
Very enjoyable, smooth in riding, and good at balance!
The frame plays a huge role in this case as its extra durability allows the rider to keep stable better.
Just a minor drawback is the wheels aren’t as durable as the others, meaning that you’ll have to replace it more regularly. But don’t worry, these wheels are easy to find in any local skate store or online, and the price is very good.
All-in-all, this skate is ideal for novice riders or those who are taking up inline skating again after many years.
- Comfortable for wider feet – good padding & tradition lacing system
- Good balance and smooth riding experience – the plus cuff, ABEC-5 bearings, 80mm wheels, and F.B.I. Skate Frame
- Wheels are prone to wear out
|Frame||F.B.I. Skate Frame|
|Bearings||ABEC 5 bearings|
|Highlight Features||traditional lacing system; the plus cuff, ABEC-5 bearings, 80mm wheels, and F.B.I. Skate Frame|
14. VNLA Carbon Speed Inline Skates
For those whose budget is loose, the VNLA Carbon Speed Inline Skate is my recommendation.
Take a look at it and you’ll see most components are leveraged to be higher-quality and better in functionalities.
For example, the ABEC9 bearings for faster speed, the ultra-hard 85A wheels for tight turns as well as extra versatility, and the 7000 series aluminum frame for superb durability yet lightness to go uphill like a champ.
In other words, it has everything needed for a professional skate. Just be sure to tighten the frames each outing and to go up in wheel size you need new frames.
What I love the most is they don’t require a break-in period as the boots are stretched themselves.
Pick it, and you’ll never be disappointed with its value and quality.
- High-quality – ABEC9 bearings, 85A wheels, and 7000 series aluminum frame
- No need to break in – the shoes keep them perfectly stretched
- The paint in the boot is prone to come off
|Frame||7000 Series Aluminum Frame|
|Wheels||85A indoor/outdoor wheel|
|Bearings||ABEC9 Vanilla Racing Spec bearing|
|Highlight Features||ABEC9 Vanilla Racing Spec bearing; 85A indoor/outdoor wheel; 7000 Series Aluminum Frame|
15. 5th Element ST-80 Inline Skates
While most skates of other brands either have issues with ankle support or comfort around the feet, the 5th Element ST-80 Inline Skates fix them nicely.
It highlights a rocketed frame and ratcheted ankle strap to give a snug fit and therefore, provide better protection and comfort. Don’t fret, you’ll still get some free space on the front, around the toes, for comfort.
But that’s not the most notable feature of this model, making it stand out from the rest is its unparalleled maneuverability and fast snaking through obstacles on the street or in the park. From that point, if you intend to ride these through busy foot traffic, just be confident!
The lightweight aluminum frame and 84A wheels are key for such incredible performance.
They’re specifically designed to fi an urban setting while not causing your feet to feel hurt after hours skating, even in the concrete surfaces.
- Comfortable and stable – rockered frame and ratcheted ankle strap
- Less fatigue after hours of skating – light aluminum frame
- Maneuverable and fast – 84A wheels and ABEC 7 bearings
- Only have full sizes
|Wheels||80mm 84A wheels|
|Bearings||ABEC 7 bearings|
|Highlight Features||Traditional Lacing System; rockered frame; ratcheted ankle strap; 84A wheels;|
16. LIKU Unisex Fitness Inline Skates
The final choice in this list today is for LIKU Unisex Fitness Inline Skates.
Compared to the LIKU Professional, this comes in several similar features. Such as the triple protection (lace closure system, strap, and safety buckle), the CNC shell, the ABEC bearings, and the various wheel size choices.
All of them together make this skate ultra-protective, easy to use, full of control, and great fitting.
On the inside, it’s added with high-quality EVA elastic cotton lining with a stretch band for a better fit to different foot sizes and shapes. Besides, it is well-vented and removable for simple hygiene if needed.
The biggest difference between these two models is the outlook. In my humble opinion, this Unisex version is cooler and more character in feeling but still ideal for female riders.
- Provide extra wrapping effect – triple protection design
- Full of control, balance, and stability – integrated CNC frame
- Comfortable, snug-fitting, and easy to clean – removable, soft padding
- Poor instructions
|Wheels||76-80-80-76 mm 90A high elastic PU wheel|
|Highlight Features||Triple protection; CNC SHELL; ABEC BEARING; various wheel size options.|
The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best Inline Skates Reviews In 2022
This is the very first goal when looking for the best inline skates because it decides how you feel after hours of enjoyment skating – comfortable and happy or painful and annoying.
A surprising thing is this feature is determined by the gender of the rider.
Unlike other products that use gender as a decision element for just the outlook of the products, in skating, gender plays a bigger role. The reason is the feet of girls, boys, women, and men are in different shapes.
For instance, a men’s inline skate has a bit wider fit and will offer higher cuff height while shoes for women are on the opposite – narrow fit and low cuff height.
Another thing to keep in mind is gender-specific skates are sized similarly to the standard shoe sizes for that gender.
Wheel Sizes & Skating Skills
These two features have a close connection with each other.
The wheel size is key to deciding the stability, comfort, acceleration, and speed of a skate, which means it mainly depends on your skating skill.
If you’re an experienced skater needing more speed, large wheels are a good choice and contrastingly, smaller ones are highly suggested for beginners to intermediate riders.
The reason is the smaller the wheels, the higher the control and stability of wheels.
Which Brand of Inline Skates Is Best?
The best inline skate brands are Rollerblade, K2, Bladerunner, and LIKU.
What Are The Best Inline Skates For The Street?
My choices are:
- Rollerblade Twister 80 Twincam ILQ 7 Plus Inline Skates
- Rollerblade Zetrablade Performance Inline Skates
- Rollerblade Twister 80 Men’s Inline Skates
What Are The Most Comfortable Inline Skates?
From my reviewing list, the most comfortable inline skates are:
- Rollerblade Maxxum 100 Inline Skates
- Rollerblade Astro 50 Men’s Fitness Inline Skates
- High Bounce Adjustable Inline Skates
- K2 Sports Men’s Moto 84 Inline Skates
- Rollerblade Spitfire XT Boy’s Inline Skates
What Are The Fastest Inline Skates?
- K2 Skate VO2 90 Pro Inline Skates
- Rollerblade Twister 80 Twincam ILQ 7 Plus Inline Skates
- Bladerunner Rollerblade Advantage Pro XT Women’s Inline Skates
- Rollerblade Twister 80 Men’s Inline Skates
How Do I Choose Inline Skates?
The two most important features when choosing the best inline skates are your skating skills and foot size/shape. If you want to learn more about them, read my ultimate guide as stated in the previous section.
As an experienced skater, I know that the running market of inline skates is oversaturated with options and is fulfilled with misleading marketing and fancy lingo. That’s the reason why choosing the best inline skates for specific needs is quite a daunting task.
I hope after reading this complete guide, you can use my hard-earned knowledge to figure out the right option for your current budget, demand, and more. Thanks for reading!
Last update on 2022-02-28 at 18:30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API