The quality of inflatable stand up paddle boards continues to rise, and that is nicely exemplified by Atlantis’ entry into the iSUP market. It’s a sturdy inflatable that can be used by both beginners and intermediate boarders alike. The package version of this board comes equipped with the essentials that you’ll need to hit the water. What exactly does that entail? In addition to the board itself, the kit includes a pump, carrier bag, paddle, and removable fins.
The board itself is made from a durable UV resistant military grade PVC. The material is well known for its toughness, and while we wouldn’t make the recommendation of trying these sorts of tests, there are photographs from the manufacturer of the inflated board being run over by a Jeep and withstanding the encounter. The board is a pretty good size, comparable to many hard boards, measuring 10’6” in length and 30” in width. Whereas many iSUPs out there are a meager 4” thick, the Atlantis inflatable is an impressive 6”.
How does the extra thickness affect performance? In simple terms, it makes everything about the board better. It can support greater weights (the weight limit on this board is 398 lbs), and is much more stable in the water. When inflated to just 15psi, this board’s performance is similar to that of an epoxy or composite paddle board.
Handling this board is a cakewalk. It’s a bit heavier than some other iSUPs (weighs about 35 lbs when inflated), but even a beginner can get around on this board with ease. The stability is further enhanced by the 3-fin configuration.
- Extremely durable – So durable you might even be tempted to believe you’re paddling about on some high-level hard board. You won’t have to worry about this board getting scratched, pierced, or otherwise compromised while you’re riding.
- Easy to transport – The board deflates into an easy to carry sleeping bag sized mass. Atlantis had the forethought to provide customers with a convenient carrying case to store and haul the board around with when not in use.
- Large anti-slip surface – The top of the board has an anti-slip deck pad to keep you upright and steady while riding. It’s good enough to support two simultaneous riders comfortably, and spacious enough to stretch out, bring the dog along, or even try some Yoga on the water.
- Easy handling – Thanks to the sturdy design and 2+1 fin configuration, this board rides true under most circumstances. It’s especially comforting for beginners, whose lack of experience makes them a bit more prone to mistakes.
- Upgradeable – The 4 steel D-rings located near the end of the deck are perfect for installing a kayak seat to augment your boarding experience.
What We Like About The Atlantis Paddle Boards 10’6 Inflatable SUP
- High capacity weight limit – 400 lbs is no joke. The fact that you can get close to that much weight on an inflatable board is stunning. That makes this a good iSUP for heavy guys and ladies.
- Thick and sturdy – A sturdy board is a good board, and the Atlantis inflatable does not disappoint in that regard. The fact that they went 6” for the thickness on this board is a definite plus, and really adds to the boards sturdy, stable feel.
- Easy to add on – Snapping on those fins or adding a seat to the D-rings is no sweat. The instructions aren’t exactly informative, but the process is so intuitive that the lack of coherent directions becomes moot point.
What We Don’t Like About The Atlantis Paddle Boards 10’6 Inflatable SUP
- The stock pump is a hassle – Especially when you’re trying to get the last pumps of air in there. If you can, try picking up an electric air pump to compensate for this shortcoming.
- The paddle isn’t the greatest – Aluminum isn’t our first choice on paddle materials. Would have been nice if the paddle was carbon fiber, fiberglass, or some ornate, old-school wood.
- A bit heavier than expected – There are definitely lighter iSUPS on the market. 35 lbs isn’t an obscene amount to maneuver with but it’s a noticeable difference.
This iSUP Is Good For
- Beginners – This board is a solid intro not only into the world of inflatable boards, but paddle boards in general. It comes bundled with the necessities, so a neophyte has what it takes to start getting their feet wet.
- Riders on the go – Atlantis has emphasized the portability of this iSUP, and it’s not an exaggeration. It’s easy to break down and carry around, and once you get that electric pump, it will be a breeze getting it filled with air and ready to ride.
- Individuals who need something simple – This board is easy to figure out, and not at all complicated to inflate, deflate, or attach any of the accessories.
This iSUP Is Not So Great For
- Those who have to have a hard board – There aren’t many drawbacks to this iSUP, but if you’re the kind who just has to use a hard board, then no amount of convincing is going to get you “on board” with the Atlantis inflatable.
This is a great board that proves that inflatable paddle boards are really coming into their own. Its a great addition to the collection of riders of all skill levels, but newcomers in particular will appreciate this board’s myriad of features and superb ease-of-use.
- Roc's premium inflatable paddle board is made of the highest quality military grade material. We provide the most...
- Our extra wide design creates an incredible all-around board for riders of all skill levels. These kits can be used in...
- Our premium paddle board package has everything you need to enjoy your day on the water including: your board,...
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY ON MATERIALS.inflatable paddle boards,paddle board,inflatable paddle board,stand up paddle board,aqua...
- Rigid Design : It feels very similar to a hard board.The board is made of high grade Military Ultra Light PVC Drop...
- Ultra Portable : Deflated it's only 1 foot in diameter by 38". Inflated size : 11'x33"x6" Thick. Weight 20.3lbs, Maximum...
- Upgraded wide SUP design for better balance: measuring 10’6 feet long & 32 inches wide, balancing & stabilizing on top...
- Soft, stable & anti slip top deck: perfect for beginners, We've upgraded this inflatable paddle board with a no slip...
- Best paddling manoeuvrability: outfitted with triple bottom panel fins, steering & handling The stand up inflatable...
Last update on 2021-12-08 at 12:50 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API