The super-sized stand-up paddle (SUP) board is designed to provide super-sized fun for the family. The Super Trip from Aqua Marina is an inflatable SUP that goes the extra length at 12 feet 2 inches long and 34 inches wide. This inflatable board is crafted for two adults and one child, making it ideal for family trips to the seaside, lake, or river.
The Super Trip is quick and agile while providing stability for the passengers. It is perfect for small families, club camping trips, or taking the family dog along for the ride. The board is inflatable and comes with a pump and gauge. The durable material is designed for stiffness, and the high tensile railing creates a stiffening system for stability.
The Super Trip SUP is equipped with side handles and the Tri-Fin system, one large fin and two smaller fins, for easy maneuvering. The Magic backpack makes for easy packing the board, paddles, pump, and fins in one pack to the water site. The SUP is almost like standing on the water where you can enjoy the landscape, fish, or sit and enjoy some refreshments in the middle of the lake.
- Construction – A durable 6-inch double-wall drop stitch core material and the top and bottom high tensile rail bands that go along the outline together create the extreme stiffness of the board. The EVA deck is dot grooved and heat embossed to provide maximum traction and durability.
- Inflation – The optimum air pressure for any condition is up to 15 psi.
- Dimensions – The board is 12 foot 2 inches by 34 inches wide and 6 inches deep (370 x 87 x 15 cm).
- Fins – The Tri-Fin system includes one large fiberglass reinforced nylon fin and two smaller fins made of ABS material. All fins have removable construction.
- Handles – The board has rubber carrying handles on the front, tail, and one on each side.
- Includes – The Magic backpack is made of adjustable polyester and reinforced polyester with a roomy interior for carrying everything you need. It has adjustable straps and soft padded shoulder straps. The Jumbo 23.5-inch high-pressure pump and built-in gauge. There is a stainless steel D-ring on the tail for a safety latch and elastic bungee cords for carrying cargo.
What We Like
- Convenience – The Super Trip is easy to inflate, deflate, and pack-up. It includes a comfortable backpack for transporting all the necessary equipment and SUP board. The rubber carrying handles make it easy to carry into and out of the water.
- Durability – The inflatable SUP board is made with heavy duty hardened rubber materials, PC, and has several layers of polymer to provide UV protection, as it creates a barrier around the drop stitch core. The Super Trip is rugged and lightweight for easy carrying.
- Capacity – The sturdy board is designed for family fun, so it can carry more than one person while the ride continues to be smooth and flows easily.
- Construction – The well-thought out design and construction of the Super Trip inflatable SUP board feels and rides the same as a standard board.
What We Don’t Like
- Inflation – The pump allows for easy inflation until about 8 psi, and from there it becomes more and more difficult to reach the 12-15 psi. You may want to use an electric inflation device.
- Paddle – The SUP paddle(s) for this board are not included as with many of the other Aqua Marina SUP’s.
- Warranty – There was no warranty information located, which could mean there is no warranty or it is not readily available to consumers.
Best Suited For
- Calm Waters – The SUP board is best suited for calm lakes and rivers.
- Off Road Water Spots – The Magic backpack makes it easy to carry the board to those hard to reach water destinations with all the gear necessary to inflate and use the Super Trip.
- Company – The Super Trip is designed for more than one person and works best with more than one person.
Not So Great For
- Choppy Water – The SUP board manages best in calm to mild water movement, but will not be able to maintain passenger stability in highly rough water or rapids in a river.
- Inflation – The hand pump becomes difficult after a certain psi and may be too difficult for someone without the strength to pump it to full inflation. An electric pump may be the answer.
- Single Passenger – The Super Trip is not as easy to maneuver or paddle with one person.
The Aqua Marina Super Trip SUP board is a great vessel to take the family out on the lake or river for some water fun together. The family memories will be priceless. The board is easy to transport, and it rides the same as a standard board. There is some difficulty with full inflation by the hand pump, but a quick remedy is an electric pump. The backpack is included and expandable to carry all the necessary items.
Overall, the Super Trip SUP is an excellent board for more than one person. It is designed to provide a stable and sturdy ride, and the construction materials are devised to withstand nature’s elements to provide family fun for many water trips. The Super Trip is an added value to any family water vacation.
Last update on 2022-02-28 at 18:30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API