Just Paddleboard is a stand up water sports publishing company. As such, we are concerned with all things water related – from conservation efforts to keeping our waterways clean. And we hope that you are too.
We recognize that not everyone is concerned about the future of water, and we want to help spread the word about the importance of this natural resource. That’s why we’ve created the Future of Water $1,000 scholarship.
- U.S. citizen or legal U.S. resident (international transfer students are eligible if enrolling in a US institution).
- Currently enrolled full-time in an degree program (proof of enrollment will be required before award is distributed) at an accredited college in the United States (or will be by the time the scholarship is awarded).
Description of Scholarship
- The Future of Water scholarship is awarded to first-time or current students of an accredited degree program in the United States.
- This scholarship is not renewable.
Deadline for Application
- Submit a complete application by August 1, 2018 (recipient notified no later than September 1) [Due to interest, we have extended the deadline this year!]
The essay topic is: the future of water.
Possible angles include:
- What is the future of water?
- Water scarcity and the growing population
- The biggest water challenges facing the world
You are free to select any angle for your essay that you want, as long as it concerns the future of water
- Completed application form
- An original 700 – 1,500 word essay on the required topic in PDF form
- Transcript or other proof of enrollment from current institution in PDF form
Terms and Conditions
All submitted materials become the property of JustPaddleboard and may be reprinted online on this site.
The winning essay will be selected solely by the staff of JustPaddleboard. Selection criteria is based on writing skills and content.
The winner of the 2018-2019 scholarship will be contacted by email and the winner’s name will be posted on this page bySeptember 2, 2018. In the event that the winner cannot be confirmed, or is no longer eligible, a new winner will be named by September 30, 2018.
For the 2018-2019 scholarship, the winner will be announced by September 2, 2018.
The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the college of the winner to be used on tuition, room & board, books, and other related educational costs. If you are not a full-time student, then you forfeit the award and it goes to the runner-up.
Questions about this scholarship can be sent to: [email protected]
JustPaddleboard values your privacy and does not share any private information obtained via the scholarship application with third-parties. Your private information is only used to validate eligibility for the scholarship.
JustPaddleboard is a part of Rish Creative, a Wyoming LLC. On this site we focus on the best stand up paddle board buying guides, stand up paddle board reviews, the best places to SUP, and other SUP resources.