There are a number of inflatable stand up paddle board bundles on the market, and it seems ISLE wants to get in front of the pack with their complete PEAK iSUP package deal. The board itself is a mid-sized 10’6” x 31” x 6” inflatable that supports up to 300 pounds, but only weighs an impressive 23 pounds (most other inflatable boards in this range can weight upwards of 25 pounds). The maximum inflation on the PEAK is 15 psi, but it’s fully functional and plenty rigid at around 10-11psi. The extra thickness on this board does wonders for keeping you above the water while riding, and the sturdy military grade PVC material provides durability on par with epoxy hard boards.
In terms of overall shape and performance, this board is built for all around use, with a slightly rounded front and plenty of width to accommodate riders. The PEAK can deliver above average performance across multiple water conditions, and is stable enough for even beginners to ride with relative ease. The board is equipped with a number of other features to aid riders while on the water, including a non-slip traction deck pad, bungee system for gear carry, nose mounted handle, center carry handle for transporting the board while inflated, and d-ring system for attaching leashes and tying the board to a dock.
The PEAK comes with a number of accessories, like a 3-piece adjustable floating paddle (telescopes from 65” to 86”), carry back pack, ankle leash, air pump with integrated pressure gauge, tool-less and removable travel fin. This board’s look is also very attractive. It features a modern design with simplified flat graphics (the “wave” logo is pretty slick) and comes in several colors: aqua, blue, red, and white. Overall it’s a sleek board that doesn’t falter much in any particular area.
- Tough PVC material – It’s constructed with durability in mind, and doesn’t disappoint. The thick PVC isn’t subject to the dings and damage that you might normally incur with a hard board.
- No-slip deck pad – It has a diamond groove design which lends itself to maximum traction. Even when the water is splashing, you’re still able to maintain a good grip on the board’s surface.
- Removable fin – The PEAK includes one center fin to increase tracking under certain conditions. It’s removable, and doesn’t require any tools to pop it off or fit it into place.
- Integrated bungee system – Located at the front of the board, the bungee cords allow riders to tie down plenty of extra gear.
- All-around shape – The rigid, stable shape of this board is suitable for all skill levels and various water conditions. Gives riders the ability to take this board just about anywhere.
- All accessories included – Everything you need to hit the water day one is bundled with the PEAK. It has a paddle, pump, carry bag, and leash.
- 1 year warranty – Coupled with a 30 day money back guarantee. If you don’t like this board you can return it for a refund, and it’s covered for up to one year on material and workmanship defects.
What We Like About The ISLE PEAK iSUP
- Great all-around design – Not just talking about the board’s shape and performance (which are both well above average), the look of this board and the care that went into the graphic elements are outstanding.
- It’s a tough board – You can take it out on the water with little fear of it getting dashed against the rocks. The materials on this board are rugged and fit to handle the dangers of the water.
- Ample weight limit – Especially considering the board’s low weight. 300 pounds is more than enough for most riders, so both large and small paddlers can use this board.
What We Don’t Like About The ISLE PEAK iSUP
- That hand pump – It’s not the worst, but the hand pump is usually never the way to go when trying to get your inflatable filled. Do yourself a favor and grab a good electric pump while you’re shopping around.
- The aluminum paddle – Again, it’s not bad, but a quality carbon fiber paddle would suit an awesome board like the PEAK much better.
This iSUP Is Best Suited For
- Riders who want a multi-use board – The PEAK holds its own on multiple fronts, and makes a great primary board for everyone from novice to pro.
- Individuals who need convenience – This board’s stats rival a hard board, but the weight and ease of transport are vastly superior. The PEAK will fit in your trunk and the carry bag will allow you to carry it with just one arm.
- Anyone looking for value – It’s a complete bundle, with everything you need to get started, priced for much less than you’ll pay for just a hard board.
This iSUP Is Not So Great For
- Riders who want speed – It’s not the fastest board one the water, and it’s not designed for superior speed. Still, anyone looking to glide around at a swift pace might want to look elsewhere.
ISLE has put together an impressive intro package that’s also brings a lot to the table for more skilled riders. The PEAK does well across the board, and while it lacks somewhat in terms of speed, it more than makes up for that shortcoming in terms of overall functionality. This is a great board available at a very reasonable price.